
I am thinking it is about time for another VLOG!! I had a lot of fun making my first one- HERE. I enjoy watching other peoples, because you never know how someone sounds from just reading. I will start thinking of some ideas of what to talk about- but if you have one, let me know.
It's been a while since I put a recipe on here, so here's are two of our favorites:
Lemon Bars
This isn't what I would call an easy recipe, but it tastes so good, it is one of Josh's favorites. It just takes some time and effort. It will be worth it! This recipe is from my mom, and I am not sure where she got it.
This isn't what I would call an easy recipe, but it tastes so good, it is one of Josh's favorites. It just takes some time and effort. It will be worth it! This recipe is from my mom, and I am not sure where she got it.
Crust:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 sticks chilled butter, cut into chunks
Put ingredients in mixer. Turn on low and mix 1 minute or until well blended and mixture will stick together when pressed. Press into ungreased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch baking pan (I use a cookie sheet with a lip around the edges). Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes or until set. Check to make sure it isn't overcooking or puffing up. Remove from oven.
Cream Cheese Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 T. flour
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Meanwhile, clean mixer bowl and beater. Place cream cheese filling ingredients in mixing bowl. Turn on low and mix 30 seconds. Turn up to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Pour over partially baked crust.
Bake at 350 for 6-7 minutes or until filling is slightly set when you jiggle it. Remove from oven.
Lemon Filling:
4 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 t. grated lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
Clean mixer bowl and beater again. Place all lemon filling ingredients BUT lemon juice in mixing bowl. Mix on low for about 30 seconds. Turn to speed 2 and gradually add lemon juice and mix until well blended. Pour over cream cheese filling. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes or until filling is set. It may puff up but it will fall after taken out of the oven.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Allow to cool in the pan.
They will be gone before you know it!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 sticks chilled butter, cut into chunks
Put ingredients in mixer. Turn on low and mix 1 minute or until well blended and mixture will stick together when pressed. Press into ungreased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch baking pan (I use a cookie sheet with a lip around the edges). Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes or until set. Check to make sure it isn't overcooking or puffing up. Remove from oven.
Cream Cheese Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 T. flour
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Meanwhile, clean mixer bowl and beater. Place cream cheese filling ingredients in mixing bowl. Turn on low and mix 30 seconds. Turn up to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Pour over partially baked crust.
Lemon Filling:
4 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 t. grated lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
Clean mixer bowl and beater again. Place all lemon filling ingredients BUT lemon juice in mixing bowl. Mix on low for about 30 seconds. Turn to speed 2 and gradually add lemon juice and mix until well blended. Pour over cream cheese filling. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes or until filling is set. It may puff up but it will fall after taken out of the oven.
Spanish-Style Ground Beef and Pork Burritos
This is a great twist on normal burritos. They have a very unique flavor that is delicious! The recipe is adapted from the book The Well-Filled Tortilla Cookbook.
2 T. olive oil
1/4 of a red onion, chopped
1/4 cup of pine (pinion) nuts (these are expensive but are worth it)
1 t. dried thyme
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 package of pork sausage (add more if you like sausage)
1/2 t. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup white wine (can use cooking wine, all the alcohol cooks off, this adds such great flavor)
Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, nuts, and thyme. Cook until onions are wilted. Add meat. Cook and stir until meat is crumbled and browned through. Drain grease. Add wine and simmer several minutes. Place meat in a tortilla and top with cheese or whatever topping you may like.
I made both these recipes this week. I hope you enjoy them!!
Today my goal is to clean out my freezer and maybe the fridge too! They both desperately need it.
I have no idea what I am making for dinner. I am hoping that something in the freezer gives me an idea. If not, off to the grocery store I will go.
We watched the Golden Globes on Sunday night. I loved Tina Fey's hair.
I wish I could get my hair to have that much body- maybe I need a bump-it!! :)
Last weekend we got some new kids' cds for Gus. Now in the car I am listening to:
I am enjoying it so far. I enjoy singing along, and I hope that it helps Gus learn the words too. I am sure I will still turn on the radio sometimes, but it will be more limited. I want to protect those little ears.
Gus has been so good this week. He naps for about 2 hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in the afternoon. I know..... that's a ton! But he seems to be happier and function better. Last night I tried to just let him cry it out when he woke up. It wasn't fun, but I think he did a little better. I will try to do it again tonight.
Off to brave the freezer I go!
1/4 of a red onion, chopped
1/4 cup of pine (pinion) nuts (these are expensive but are worth it)
1 t. dried thyme
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 package of pork sausage (add more if you like sausage)
1/2 t. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup white wine (can use cooking wine, all the alcohol cooks off, this adds such great flavor)
Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, nuts, and thyme. Cook until onions are wilted. Add meat. Cook and stir until meat is crumbled and browned through. Drain grease. Add wine and simmer several minutes. Place meat in a tortilla and top with cheese or whatever topping you may like.
I made both these recipes this week. I hope you enjoy them!!
Today my goal is to clean out my freezer and maybe the fridge too! They both desperately need it.
I have no idea what I am making for dinner. I am hoping that something in the freezer gives me an idea. If not, off to the grocery store I will go.
We watched the Golden Globes on Sunday night. I loved Tina Fey's hair.
I wish I could get my hair to have that much body- maybe I need a bump-it!! :)Last weekend we got some new kids' cds for Gus. Now in the car I am listening to:
I am enjoying it so far. I enjoy singing along, and I hope that it helps Gus learn the words too. I am sure I will still turn on the radio sometimes, but it will be more limited. I want to protect those little ears.Gus has been so good this week. He naps for about 2 hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in the afternoon. I know..... that's a ton! But he seems to be happier and function better. Last night I tried to just let him cry it out when he woke up. It wasn't fun, but I think he did a little better. I will try to do it again tonight.
Off to brave the freezer I go!
No comments:
Post a Comment