Gus has really grown up over the last several weeks. He really is a toddler now and not a baby. He is on his third antibiotic for an ear infection, and I think he is finally feeling better because he slept 8 hours last night! Folks- I think he has only done that maybe 5 times in his life! This is one happy momma :)
Gus is really trying to stand on his own. He lets go of whatever he is holding onto all the time. This morning when Josh tried to set him on the floor, he didn't want to sit, he wanted to stand. So, Josh put him on his feet, and he stood there for probably 20 seconds.
Another new thing Gus has started doing is waving! I have been trying to get him to start, and all of a sudden he decided he wanted to. It was so cute- this morning when Josh got Gus up, he was walking toward me and Gus waved to me. I love it!
Gus also can give you a high-five. I have no idea how he learned or decided to do this. But, when you put your palm up to him, he hits it!
Gus loves exploring the house and leaving the room where I am. I will say "Where are you going?" He looks back and me, smiles, and crawls faster away from me. He thinks it is so funny to run away from me.
Yesterday morning when I got Gus out of his bed, our dog Bear came in the room. Gus sounded like he said "Bear." He hasn't said it again, but it was really fun.
We got some packages in the mail yesterday, and I carried one of the boxes to the kitchen. I went back to the entry, and Gus was pushing the box like he was going to help me. I know he is going to be a great little helper. He already enjoys helping with the dishwasher :)
Gus got some really cute pjs for Christmas and wore them for the first time last night. They really make him look like a little boy and not a baby.

I hope this post was not to boring. I don't want to forget all these new things Gus is doing. He is also talking like crazy, mostly just making noise. I cannot wait to have conversations with him.
Gus- I love being your Mommy- don't grow up too fast :)
these updates are going to be worth gold in a couple of years... so special. Gabe uses the same soother - won't take any other.
ReplyDelete