After Josh fed Gus, Gus went to sleep. Josh came back to bed and held my hand. I just started crying. Then he said, "It's ok to be frustrated. It doesn't make you a bad mom." That was what I needed to hear. I wasn't mad at Gus. I was just frustrated, exhausted, and out of ideas.
The next night was a little better but not much.
We came home yesterday, and guess what..... Gus slept until 6 am. I was shocked. It made me never want to leave the house over night again (not really!!). I don't want to be one of those people who can't do things because her children are on such a strict schedule.
Anyways, life goes one. My job right now is to serve and take care of Josh and Gus. And for this time, that may be getting up multiple times during the night to get Gus back to sleep.
I am thankful for my sweet husband who helps me and tells me I am not a bad mom.
I am blessed everyday by my sweet little boy. And even if I have to get up with him for several more years, he is worth it..
I am so blessed, I am reminded of it everyday. This post is not meant to be complaining. It is me being honest. I have tough days, and I get frustrated. But I always know- I am blessed.


I know how you feel. It's that dang mommy guilt and exhaustion and none of it is a good combination! Babies do seem to know when they are out of their own environment. If you can't go out and have to stay home so he sleeps better...that doesn't make you lame or "one of those people"... it just makes you a MOM that's trying to do what's best for her baby and herself. I always remind myself that my job is to meet Holden's needs no matter what that means...and as long as I'm meeting those needs, I'm doing a good job. We are blessed to have these sweet little stinkers to drive us crazy! ;)
ReplyDeleteSuch is the life of a Mom. We will get frustrated when things are not going according to "our" plan. But in the grand scheme of things, our plan may not be the best plan. Crying is a great way to cleanse the soul and a true sign of authenticity. I have surrendered myself to not always knowing the right thing to do or to be able to "fix" everything (this has been a many year process and still counting). Thank God I am not perfect and do not seek to be anymore. I am perfect the way God has made me and YOU are the perfect MOM for Gus!
ReplyDeleteHow funny . . . you and I both blogged about sleeping troubles today!!!! Those times are ROUGH!!!! Glad he's doing a little better. You are a great mom. I can tell by how happy Gus looks in the pictures and the joy you have in being his mommy. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry. My first child wasn't and still isn't a sleeper! I remember many nights laying in bed crying and not knowing what to do. I felt like I was failing and should know. Each child is different and has different needs... mine apparently still only requires 8 hours of sleep!
ReplyDelete