Image Map

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Confessions and Weekly Pinterest

This weeks confessions:

~I really just can not resist eating chips, especially potato chips. Tuesday I skipped lunch, but then sat down to watch a little tv while Gus napped and ate chips and some salsa I made last week. It tasted so good..... I'm going to regret it when I get on the scale tomorrow.

~I should be picking up my house right now, but I'd rather be on my computer..

~I am really sucked into Downton Abbey. Back when I was single and lived alone, I would get really into a movie or series. For example, I love Jane Austen movies, and I would watch them all the time. Then I would listen to the soundtracks. And then I would be researching quotes... You get the picture. I am thinking about buying the soundtrack to Downton season 1. The haunting melody is amazing.

~Josh and I went to the symphony last Saturday night. The music was really beautiful. I played the violin for 8 years and the piano for 13. I majored in music my freshman year of college. I injured my wrist, and I rarely play anymore- mostly because we don't have a piano right now. When I hear a really good piece of music, I miss my music days. I love to play the piano. I know one day I will play a lot again.

~On a similar note, growing up my life centered around music. I took violin and piano lessons. I played the piano at church. I was in choirs. I played in several orchestras. And now- I only serenade Gus sometimes. I want Gus to have the same appreciate for music that Josh and I have. It is an invaluable gift.

~This morning, I spent a long time in the car driving. The radio stations I usually listen to were playing commercials or songs I didn't like. So, I ended up listening to the BBC for an hour. I felt so old, when did I become an adult?



Now, some ideas I have from Pinterest:


I think installing frames around the mirrors in both our bathrooms would add so much!



I am going to try this shells and chicken recipe this week. I'll let you know how it turns out!



I can't wait to try these baked taquitos! They will be so much healthier than fried ones.



I want to try these for Valentine's day. I have other ideas for Valentine's but I want to keep them a surprise :)




Source: imgfave.com via Catie on Pinterest



I believe this is true. Beauty comes from within- the light in your eyes...

We will be having an interesting few days at our house. I am dogsitting my sister's new dog. I will have pictures soon- she is really cute.



google




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! Found you from the Pinterest link up! OK, so some things: 1. Hubs and I are obsessed with Downton Abbey. And we comment almost weekly on the music. 2. I was a music major in college too - played piano for 13 years and received a degree in vocal performance. Now I do most of my singing to my girls. 3. I also pinned a mirror frame out. Aren't those amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can and never will turn down the opportunity to eat chips and salsa...it's my fav! Thanks for joining the blog hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your pins. Made me hungry! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your pins. Found you via the blog hop today and now a new follower to your blog!!

    www.ginnybrumback.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete