Image Map

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Time at home

The last two weeks Gus and I have spent a lot of time at home. The house was quite a disaster after Christmas, so I have been slowly working to get it really clean. Not just cleaning the floors and dusting, I am trying to go through things and organize.

When I was little, I loved to organize. I got an office set to play with for my 8th birthday. I would clean my sister's room for her because I like for it to be neat. (and she also paid me with candy, I was a quick eater and she was a saver :)) Because of this you would think I would be a super organized person now, but it really isn't the case. Yes, I know where things are. And most of the time when you walk in my house, it isn't a disaster or anything. But there is just a little clutter here and there, and I want it to get better.

Yesterday, I cleaned out our hall closet. It wasn't super dirty, and I didn't move much out of it. I just moved things around so it doesn't like a tornado came through.

Today I want to complete another project around the house. I haven't decided which one yet- I have a list of multiple things that need to be done.

You think when you have a newborn, that you are having to spend the most time you will ever have to spend caring for them. As Gus gets older, I am learning this is not the case.

He does enjoy playing. And I try to keep anything dangerous out of his reach. But, it doesn't change the fact that he is IN TO EVERYTHING!!! Don't get me wrong- I love this stage, just like I have loved each stage (except maybe the screaming all night one). Gus really tries to talk to us. It is very obvious that he is saying sentences, but his favorite thing to say is still- Hi DaDa. He can now say Hi Ba to our dog Bear. Samson is too hard to say. He is fun, but I have to keep an eye on him.

Sometimes: I feel like I need to get out of the house because I am lonely.
Always: I am thankful to be a stay-at-home mom- I wouldn't trade it for anything. Each day I get to do it is a blessing.

Sometimes: I wish I had curly hair.
Always: I am thankful to be a brunette.

Sometimes: I get tired of cooking.
Always: I am glad I know how to cook- thank you mom :)

Sometimes: I don't want to cook just because it will make a mess in the kitchen.
Always: I feel better when the kitchen is clean.

Sometimes: I think I will go on a diet and lose the rest of my baby weight.
Always: I head to Sonic and get my Dr. Pepper- the exciting life of a Mommy :)

Sometimes: I have a million ideas for writing blog posts.
Always: I am encouraged when you leave me a comment- thanks for caring.

And with that, I'm off to clean the kitchen and organize!!

3 comments:

  1. Hahah this is funny, but my hair is super curly, and I used to always wish it was straight! LOL! I guess everyone want what they haven't got. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sometimes/always thing! There are some nights for me too where I'd just rather starve than cook and mess up the kitchen and have to clean it. Ahh!

    Oh, for a live-in housekeeper (and maybe someone to do my hair every morning...). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never ever want to cook!!! So much easier to do takeout and then just throw the bags away. Haha!!

    Thanks for linking up with me!!

    ReplyDelete