Image Map

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Soup, Sophie, and Clapping

This week has been a little crazy at our house! Josh was off Monday, so we stayed at my grandparents until late Monday. There had been a bad dust storm Sunday- this is how I knew:

That dirt just came in the cracks of our back door- really gross!!

Wednesday Gus and I went to pick up my sister's dog- Sophie- who we are dogsitting until Monday. Sophie is a bull mastiff puppy- yes- she is a puppy and huge! She is really sweet. Gus likes her, they played together a little yesterday.




Sophie made herself at home in the laundry room:
I wanted to share a recipe with you today. I found it on Pinterest and talked about it a few weeks ago, but it is so easy I want to put it on here. And, it tastes AMAZING!!!

Tomato Basil Soup
(recipe adapted from HERE)

1 can of crushed tomatoes
2 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 cup of cream
1 stick of butter
Salt and pepper

Simmer the tomatoes on the stove for 30 minutes. Put into a blender and blend with basil. Put back in pan on the stove and add cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted and soup is warm. Add salt and pepper to taste.

This soup is amazing!!!

Here is a video of Gus standing and clapping- ignore my annoying voice please!!!




I'm trying a recipe from Pinterest for dinner, I'll let you know how it turns out!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that dust is crazy! We had a dust storm recently, but nothing like that! I love mastiffs. We have a pug, which are loosely related to the Mastiff. I like to see them side by side - it's like a Mastiff gone through the dryer! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cute to see him and Sophie playing together! I still have that soup recipe to try. I was going to make it this weekend but didn't have my blender here at the house. I will try it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost didn't see the dog all curled up on the laundry. Too cute! oh, and what kind of cream did you use for the soup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe called for heavy cream, but I just use whipping cream. The reason is because the carton of heavy cream at the store is large and expensive, and I can just by a small carton of whipping cream that is just the amount I need!

      Delete