Image Map

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gus- A busy little man

I have not dedicated a post to Gus in a while, so today is the day.

I feel like he has grown so much in the last month. He really seems like a toddler now.

He loves to read and look as his books.
He has quite a growing library. Sometimes he will sit in a lap for 20 minutes to read. I love that he likes books so much.

He also is moving around...... everywhere! He is crawling all over the house now. He pulls up on everything. He will walk around the coffee table to try to get whatever is on top of it. I was remember last January I was trying to figure out what to put on the table to decorate it. Now I can only put basically one thing in the middle where he can't reach it.

Gus can stand on his own for about 20 seconds. He tries all the time to do it. I will hand a toy to him, and he will slowly let go of whatever he was holding on to and take the toy. I know he will be running around this house before I know it. He has really started exploring. When I start to follow him to catch him, he crawls faster!

He talks all the time. Right now his favorite sounds are duh and gu, the two most important words- Daddy and Gus! He only says mama when he is upset or needs more food. I will be happy when that changes!

Gus had his first ear infection over Christmas. His first antibiotic didn't seem to work, so we had to switch after a week. He finally seems like he is feeling better. However, he has only slept through the night about 4 times since Thanksgiving. As you can guess, I'm pretty worn out and hoping he will start sleeping again soon.

How can you just not smile when you see this cute little guy?!?! There are many times I can get frustrated, but then he looks at me and it goes away. :) I am having so much fun watching this little guy learn and grow.

Gus still loves his Daddy more than anything! Gus has really started laughing and being ticklish. He loves for his Daddy to throw him up in the air. Bath time is still a big highlight of the day.

We have also started learning about the word "no." Disciplining has arrived at our house. There are only a couple of things that have been much of a problem. One thing Gus knows he is not supposed to touch. However, he just can't resist it. I know he knows he isn't supposed to touch it because he goes over to it, touches it, and looks back at me. I pray that I will raise him the right way. As a parent, it is my job to guide him. It is my job to teach him what no means and right and wrong. I also believe that the earlier a child learns to obey, the easier it will be for the child and parent. I know that we will make mistakes raising Gus, but through God's help we will do our best.

1 comment:

  1. He is busy! I don't really like the discipline thing either, but I know it is so important. Naomi has started throwing fits when she doesn't get her way-yikes!!

    ReplyDelete