Image Map

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Confessions, Clothes, and Conversation

Good Morning!

Not much new has happened around here since yesterday. I cleaned off my kitchen counters so now there is more space, yay me!

Here is my first time doing this! Today I am wearing:

Sweater- Gap, I found it in my closet last week, I have no idea when I got it, it has been a while
Pants- Banana Republic- I searched for probably years for a good pair of khaki- love these
Scarf- Christmas gift from mom- Banana Republic- I rarely get things at Banana, it just happens that I am wearing 2 of the like 5 things I have today
I am wearing khakis today because I am working this afternoon.
It took me like 15 minutes to get this picture, trying to work with the timer on my camera...

I'm going to get started here with some confessions:

~I have trouble getting my dog Bear to eat. He is a yorkie-poodle, about 6 lbs. He comes and asks me for food, I give him some, and then he doesn't eat it. All the while, I have to guard the bowl from our other dog Samson who eats everything in sight. And.... I have to keep Gus away who has decided dog food looks yummy. For several days I was able to get Bear to eat if I put the food in my hand. Yes folks, I would sit on the floor, while keeping Gus and Samson away and feed my little Bear. So yesterday, I tried adding water to his food. Ta-da! He ate it all! Since then it has worked every time.

~Back in October or November, I can't remember, something spilled on the back of my top shelf of the fridge. I confess I have not cleaned it up yet, it's on the list for this week. Gross!! Embarrassing!

~I am behind on announcing the verse I am memorizing this week. It is actually one I have already memorized, but I was reading Jesus Calling and thought about the verse in a different light.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God."
Philippians 4:6
I should give thanks with all my prayers, even before there are answers. I am thankful that God listens to me. I am thankful he hears my requests.

~Lately whenever I open my freezer, something falls out. I got really mad the other night when this happened. A plastic container of cookie dough fell, cracked, and all the cookie dough was lost. I was not happy. I need to reorganize my freezer.....

~I have started looking for ideas for Gus's 1st birthday, I can't believe it is getting close! I will save my ideas to share with you later!

~I didn't really wear any shorts last summer, and I love shorts. I was still big with all my baby weight. And I think I only had one pair that would fit. Your body really does change shape after a baby. I'm hoping to wear something like this picture this year:



~I saw this on another blog yesterday- and I want to always keep it in my when I have trouble coming up with subjects:



~I am trying to start reading some more. As I have said before, I am reading Spoken From the Heart by Laura Bush. It's a long book, I'm over halfway- but it is slow going. I read quickly usually- because I tend to scan and not read every word. I read enough to get the general idea. I need to stop doing that....

~I am hoping to get more crafty. I enjoy getting ideas from Pinterest. Maybe I will do some of them someday- I will let you know

~When I put on my pants this morning, they felt a little snug. I knew I shouldn't have eaten all those chips last night.... but they were soooo good!

~I have to share a video of Gus talking, he just talks all the time now, and I love it. I am still working on getting him to say- Hi Mama, he says Hi DaDa all the time, even when he see me in the mirror





google


Photobucket






Photobucket




9 comments:

  1. That shorts outfit with the white blouse is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from the Momma's Like Me bloghop. Love that outfit girl, and hope you get to wear your shorts next summer! I was in the same boat last summer too. I too was still working on baby weight. Ugh, another one of the perks of motherhood that no one tells you about. :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catie! Thank you so much for joining the blog hop! Love your purple scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving that outfit you pinned -- so cute!

    Happy Wednesday
    xoxo ashlyn

    www.myunrehearsedlifetheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! I love the Polyvore outfit ensemble! :) I'm a new follower from Mommas Like Me's Follow Me Wednesday Blog Hop! Looking forward to reading more of your cute blog! Hope to see you!! :) xo, Reannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! I have that writing poster hanging on my 'writing' wall in my classroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm digging the shorts!

    http://www.nmephotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those writing rules, definitely something I need to keep in mind as well. Thanks for passing that on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look so cute! :) I love your scarf...and I am in love with that outfit you pinned together! :) THanks for linking up on Wed!

    ReplyDelete