Image Map

Friday, January 27, 2012

Experiments and Favs

I have really enjoyed getting new ideas for all kinds of stuff from Pinterest. You have probably seen this pin going around:



It tells how to clean your washing machine. Yesterday I decided to try it. Here is my before picture:

And here is my after picture:

You may have noticed I just showed the inside of the washer in the first picture. This is because around the sides was really gross. After I did the wash with vinegar, I really had to scrub everything. It makes me wonder if the vinegar and bleach washes it that much, or if it mostly has to do with me scrubbing! It looks so much nicer though. I think the inside is probably a lot cleaner too, I just can't tell.

I didn't end up cooking dinner last night, but I did try a new recipe from Pinterest for breakfast:


These are cranberry orange muffins. Here are what mine looked like: I thought they tasted good, although the cranberries were a little tart. I used fresh ones. If you have ever cooked with cranberries, they are a little hard to cut up. So- I put them in my chopper- it is so much easier! These muffins were easy to make. I sent the rest of them with Josh to work, so I will find out later if they liked them.

I am working on giving Gus more "real" food. He enjoyed some whole wheat bread yesterday for the first time. This morning I gave him apple cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast and he liked it. He really wants to eat "real" food, it is fun. We are still working on trying to get him to figure out how to use a sippy cup. I have also bought the kind with a straw, and we are trying with that too.

My favorite things this week:

1) Gus has been learning so many new things. His new favorite game: I sit on the floor and he stands on my backside. I say, "Where is Gus?" And then I turn around and get to see the biggest smile on my little man's face. It makes my day.

2) Meeting my sister's new sweetie- Sophie. She has puppy breath- who can resist that??

3) Spending Monday with Josh since he was off, anytime I spend with him is always wonderful.

4) My new purple nail polish. Wow- I would never have thought I would be wearing a dark nail polish like this. But it has been really fun. I may start painting my nails all the time :)






friday favorite things | finding joy

Tickled Pink at 504 Main

2 comments:

  1. Yay for new foods for Gus! It will probably help with his sleeping too! I love your nails! Isn't it fun to do a little primping? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will have to wash my washer now. :) Found you at Friday Favorites. :)
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete