Image Map

Monday, February 6, 2012

Our weekend and an Appetizer

The weekend has come and gone already?? How did that happen? It went by so fast!

Saturday Josh worked and then we spent the afternoon at home. For dinner, we decided to drive to a town about 30 miles away to go to Dairy Queen for a blizzard. (yes, it is 30 miles to a dairy queen) Josh downloaded a radio program on the the Ipad for us to listen to in the car. Yes- we are that cool. And what did I get at Dairy Queen???? A mini blizzard, french fries, and a Dr. Pepper. The dogs went with us. We had fun as a family- it doesn't take much to entertain us.

Yesterday we went to church and then some friends of ours had a Super Bowl party. We stayed for the first half, and then came home to get Gus to bed. Gus had so much fun. There were tons of little kids at the party. It is so funny to watch him start to interact.

Gus is walking all over the place. I feel like just in the last week he has grown up by leaps and bounds.

I have a recipe to share with you. It is a delicious appetizer. It doesn't sound fancy, but it tastes fancy :) I am pretty sure I got this recipe from a Southern Living magazine.

Guacamole- Goat Cheese Toasts

Ripe avocados
3 tbsp finely chopped red onion- divided
1/2 medium sized jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 1/2 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 tbsp tomatillo, finely chopped
1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Baguette

Mix avocado, 2 tsbp red onion, and next 6 ingredients. Allow to sit up to 30 minutes.
Cut baguette into slices. Arrange on a cookie sheet and place a small amount of olive oil on each one. Bake at 375 until crisp and warm but not too toasted.
Mix 1 tbsp of red onion, tomatillo, and tomato.
Place a spoonful of guac mix on toast. Top with the tomatillo mixture.

I am still not completely well, but I have a lot to catch up on around the house. Hopefully I can get some things done today and rest a little so I can get completely well.

And to end, I saw this quote last week.... and I love it:






Happy Monday!
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

4 comments:

  1. we take little drives like your "dairy queen" trip.so much fun. love the quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would order the same thing if I were to go to Dairy Queen right now. :) I don't know if it is good or bad that there are 3 within 10 min of me.... That recipe looks yummy, I bought some avocados, because I was craving them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! I am a lover of goat cheese & avo!! I will definitely be trying this one. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a delicious recipe! I'll definitely have to try this soon! Thanks for sharing!

    xo.Britt
    www.themagnoliapair.com

    ReplyDelete