2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} Josh and I met at my apartment in August 2006. I was having a Christian Pharmacist Fellowship International meeting. Our group met every Friday night. Josh and I quickly became friends. I was just looking back through pictures, and I can find pictures from each year since we have know each other. And in most of them I am sitting next to Josh. Maybe deep down.... I already knew :)
One of our first pictures together- 2006

2007

2008

2009- not long after we started dating

Our friendship continued over several years, and then we had our first date on..... Valentine's day!! Isn't that fun!?! We were already good friends which I think made everything easier. I had watched what a Godly man Josh was and knew he was the kind of man I would want to marry.

Josh proposed in September of 2009,
and we got married the next January. Yay for short engagements! Josh was my first boyfriend (and that was at age 26). I say this because I want people to know that it is still possible! You don't have to date a lot to "find" the one. Trust the Lord!!3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell} 2 wonderful years
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small? We had about 100 people at our wedding. The wedding was at a church, and then the reception at a dinner club. The wedding was at 1 pm, and there were just some snacks at the reception. My grandmother made all the beautiful bows in this picture. We didn't do tons of decorating, but it turned out beautiful!


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share! We both call each other "honey" or by our names.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. Josh is very thoughtful and considerate. I love that he loves me and tells me I am beautiful. He seeks to do the right thing and please God in being a husband and father.
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal? I had worked all weekend. It was a Sunday night and he cooked me dinner. Then we went on a walk though a neighborhood we walked in often. We rounded a corner, and he got down on one knee. We then walked back to my apartment and drove over my grandparents and then our friend's house to share the good news and celebrate.
Josh makes me feel safe:
And makes me happy:
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? Josh always gets me flowers. He brought me flowers on our first date. He told me, "Every girl deserves flowers on Valentine's day." I loved it when he said that.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Well, probably relax on the couch. I really enjoy being at home. And we live probably 12 hours from a beach so we are rarely at one.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? This is a hard question! I really just enjoy being with him, no matter what we are doing. I would like to go to a really nice beach sometime for a vacation with him. But just being with him at home makes me happy too :)
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. I haven't made any big plans yet. Josh will be working, so I will probably cook dinner. But I don't want to put to much here- Josh reads this!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? I don't usually ask for anything. I don't need anything, although Josh has said he already has me something. I never have to worry, Josh is thoughtful!!
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Don't get mad about stuff that doesn't matter. Don't fight about things that don't matter. Josh and I rarely fight. Sure, there are things that irritate me, and I am sure there are things that irritate Josh. But unless it is really important, try to not let it bother you. Live each day to serve the other.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Links:



Aw, what a sweet story! I love that you were friends first! My hubby and I were besties for a year before dating! Thanks for linking up! Would love to have you again, I do it EVERY Thursday!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great idea, I may have to link up! My husband and I were friends first as well and I think that makes it so easy.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Love your story, and it has so many similarities to ours. I knew your dating and engagement period were short, like ours, but I didn't know you got engaged almost a month to the day (ours was 10.11.09) before us. The wedding picture that is the face shot of you and Josh is gorgeous. We had the same type of wedding . . . small, about 100 ppl, and just snacks at the reception, no big dinner and dance. It was small and intimate, and I love every second!
ReplyDeleteSo we got engaged within two weeks of each other, married within a week, and babies within 3 weeks!!!! So fun!!
DeleteLove the "fresh new baby" pic! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, you guys have such a sweet love story. Friendship is the best foundation for a wonderful marriage. :) Happy Valentine's Day to both of you!
ReplyDeleteMendi @ Her Late Night Cravings