Image Map

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's Valentine's

Valentine's Day is a special day to me. I have always enjoyed it. My mom and dad usually got me candy or flowers or something, even when I was older. They made is special, and I didn't feel left out. I was always loved. Then came Valentine's Day 2009. This will always be a big day in my life.

It was my first date with Josh, my husband.

He showed up at my door with these:And he said: "Every girl should get flowers on Valentine's day."

We had to go a couple of places. We rented the original "3:10 to Yuma" movie because we had seen the new one with some friends a few weeks before.

Then we went out to dinner at one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants.

We went back to my apartment and watched the movie. Before Josh left, he gave me a hug, and said, "I will talk to you tomorrow." And I knew that I would.

And that started the wonderful fairy tale I am now living!

The next Valentine's day, we were already married! We went out to a nice dinner with some of our best friends, Tim and Randi.

Last year- I was very pregnant with Gus. (no pictures...)

Last night, Josh brought me these:

I just love flowers :)

Gus began this morning with some bananas:

I iced the sugar cookies I made yesterday:

I made some chocolate covered strawberries- they were quite easy!

And I am cooking dinner tonight.

A few weeks ago, the old 3:10 to Yuma movie was on tv. I put it on our DVR, so we can watch it tonight :) It isn't a surprise because Josh already saw it on the DVR. But it will be fun- since I really can't remember any of it- I was busy thinking about Josh ;)

It was 26 years before I had a real "date" on Valentine's day. But so worth the wait!

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

  1. I just ate some chocolate covered strawberrys!! So yummy.

    ReplyDelete