Image Map

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Around the House

Today, Gus and I are mostly spending the day at home. I enjoy having quiet days at home every once in a while to get caught up. I especially have more time today because I am not having to cook!

Gus and I drove to a nearby town to get some BBQ for lunch. It is about 20 minutes away. The BBQ place is only open one day a week, and it is usually packed so you have to get there early! We had not had BBQ in a long time and Josh thought it sounded good. And it was yummy!!! I enjoy having some time in the car every once in a while. Lately I have been listening to the news in the car to keep up on what is going on. When did I turn into such an adult????

A sweet older couple at our church have invited us over for dinner.

I wanted to let you all know that Pioneer Woman's Corn and Cheese Chowder is delicious!! I made a few changes to her recipe (link HERE). I did not put any bell peppers because Josh isn't a fan. I just put a little more corn. (which I used some frozen corn too). I made half a recipe and we ate it all for lunch. It has a really nice flavor. It takes a little longer than the directions say. Here is what mine looked like:
Gus is just walking all over the house! Last night, Gus stood up without pulling up on anything.

To end today, some things I am thankful for:

~This guy:
He makes me laugh and smile.


~Getting to have my dream job: wife and mom

~Beautiful snow- and that I get as excited as I did when I was a child when I see it



Joy in the Jumble

3 comments:

  1. A week full of tasty things, yum! Your little boy is so adorable! Thank you for the encouragement, as soon as my focus shifted my day has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from the Joy in the Jumble blog hop! I knew right away I'd be following because your blog looks to cute! :) Following you on FB and GFC! Looking forward to reading more from you!

    (I might have to try that soup - oh it looks so good!!)

    Brie @ BreezyPinkDaisies

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm i love almost everything that PW cooks! haha! I received her book for a wedding gift, love alllll of her books!! will have to try this recipe! can't wait for her new book to come out! thanks for linking up again :)

    ReplyDelete