After visiting our friends Tim and Randi, we went to Josh's parents house. We stayed with them for 2 nights so they got to spend lots of time with Gus.
We also were able to spend some time with Josh's sister. One of Gus's favorite things was being pushed around in this car.
We then traveled to see Josh's grandmother. She had never met Gus, so it was special to be able to see her since she lives so far away from us. I never met any of my great-grandparents so I think it is wonderful Gus has been able to meet several of them.
Next, we spent the night at my Aunt Elise's house. She and her husband cooked us dinner and it was delicious. They also have a pool so Josh and I went for a swim, but it was cold so my swimming was limited :)
We traveled back to my parents and my sister and her husband ate dinner with us.
Over 1700 miles, 6 friends, and 14 family members later, we were home. We had a great trip. We are so blessed by our friends and family. Gus did pretty well traveling. He wasn't always too excited to be in the car, but he did fine. Our longest times in the car were on the first and last days of the trip. About halfway through the trip Gus and I got sick. It was just a cold, but it was the first time Gus has been sick. We were able to give him some medicine and he did pretty well. We are still fighting to get over the colds.
Now I am working on the big job of doing laundry and cleaning after being gone over a week. I think it is going to take a few days
Love your blog! It's so cute. I have a feeling blogging will definitely become addicting to me too.
ReplyDelete