Gus enjoyed riding in a car at Josh's parent's house when we visited, so we found one for him to have at home. I never knew how fun it would be to buy toys for your kids. I think we may have been more excited than Gus was. We also got him another new toy that I will put on here another day. The car was a hit.
I had to take lots of pictures, he is so cute riding in it. He sometimes will put his hands on the steering wheel, but most of the time he just holds his arms out. I love this picture.
Note: this car says it is for 18 months and up. Gus has really good balance, and we added an extra belt to hold him in, and he does great!
Gus is easily entertained by his Daddy, and Samson helps:
Josh and I had a really nice date night on Saturday night. At dinner we didn't spend the whole time talking about baby stuff or work. It was a nice change :)
For lunch today I made one of our favorite soups. I got this recipe from my mom, and I am not sure where she got it. It is easy and delicious!!
White Chili
4 chicken breast halves
2 cans (10 oz) chicken broth
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup onion
1 ear corn (I just bought some frozen and used about a cup)
2 cans diced green chilies
2 cans Great Northern Beans
1 t. ground cumin
1/4 t. ground oregano
1/4 t. crushed basil
Salt and Pepper (I don't always add these)
Corn chips, Cheese
Cook chicken in broth with garlic and onions. Remove chicken to cool. Add next 7 ingredients to broth. Chop chicken and put back in soup mix. Simmer 20-30 minutes (longer if you can). To serve, put crushed corn chips in a bowl. (I don't always add the chips) Place soup in bowl, top with cheese (cheddar or Monterrey Jack). Can also garnish with sour cream.
I love the car! We are thinking of getting a wagon that has seats in it for when we move to a house so we can take Robby on walks like that, and eventually the new baby. I love how Gus just sits back and takes everything in while he's riding around! So cute! I'm going to have to try out the chili recipe.
ReplyDelete