I have been looking forward to this day all week when I saw the forecast! I pulled out my new long-sleeved t-shirt and put on real shoes instead of flip-flops, so exciting! Fall and Winter really are my favorite seasons.
Today was the perfect day to put out my Fall decor. It isn't a lot, but I love to make the house feel more like Fall. I have the most on my coffee table. Most of the things came from Hobby Lobby, and I bought them at 50% off, so not too expensive either. The flash on my camera made all the imperfections on my table show! One thing I like to decorate with is cinnamon sticks and cinnamon scented pine cones. They look great but also make the house smell like Fall.
I got this centerpiece about 5 years ago at Kirkland's. I still love putting it out! I just added some candles and accents around it to change it up a bit.
I saw a picture using candy corn to decorate and wanted to try it this year. Here is how I used them. I already had the candles and glassware, I just added the candy.
On our trip last week, we went in Pottery Barn just to look. We found a duvet cover that we liked that was 50% off! (it was not super expensive to begin with) We already had a comforter to put in it, so it wouldn't be expensive for us to do a little room make over. We also found a pillow to match that was only $12! In the picture it is the floral one. We got home and found some pillows in the house and this is how it looks:
We already had the other decorative pillows and throw.
This weekend we are going to find some lamp shades that match to replace the purple ones which obviously do not go! It is fun to do a little makeover when it isn't expensive!
Have I ever mentioned that I LOOOOOVVVVEEE Christmas music???? And maybe I listen to it very early in the year? Maybe when I do my Fall decorating ;)
Love this post! I was just thinking today while driving that Christmas tunes would soon be blaring on my car radio! So exciting! =) Enjoy your festive home! Looks great!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks so great!! I love the new duvet! Your home is so warm and inviting.
ReplyDelete