As I sit here writing, I am having a hard time deciding what to blog about. I usually have a million ideas swarming in my head and just have to pick one. So today, I guess I will just put the few things that are on my mind.
I am already starting to think about buying Christmas presents! I think it will be easier if we space out all our purchases. So I am keeping my eyes open for ideas and sales. The most fun part will be buying toys for Gus, we are going to have to work hard to not get him too much!
We watched a few of the new sitcoms this week. I have to tell you, I am shocked and appalled by what they put on national stations at 7:30 at night. I know my parents would not have let me watch some of it, probably until I was in college!! It is so sad. I know it is going to be a real challenge protecting Gus from all the nasty and evil stuff out there.
I have started to listen to calming music during day, including some old Christian music I used to listen to. I feel like it brings calmness to our home. I want our home to be a safe place of peace, and sometimes that kind of music helps me relax.
Growing up, I always looked forward to Friday. It meant the weekend was almost here and I wanted it to come as fast as it could. Since my parents homeschooled me, I sometimes would do extra work during the week so I wouldn't have much to do on Friday. In my head, the weekend starts at noon on Friday. This became difficult when I started working and I couldn't just hurry and finish work to go home!
The last few nights have been a little rough with Gus. Our doctor suggested giving him water in the middle of the night instead of a bottle so he would learn he wasn't going to eat and then eventually will just sleep. He does drink some of the water, but he can't fall back to sleep. So he has kept me up quite a bit. I know it will be worth it when he learns to sleep through the night!
I tried a new fish dish last night that Josh requested. He didn't really like it very much. So that recipe will not be on the keep list! Lately I have had a hard time coming up with menus for the week. Since I have started looking at holiday cookbooks, I keep finding desserts I want to try, NOT HELPFUL!
I need to make a batch of baby food, but I would rather sit here and write this because I am tired.
My dog Bear has been very needy this morning. He follows me everywhere I go. Right now he is sitting beside me. Although it is sometimes annoying, it is one of the things I love about him. He needs me, and it is a nice feeling being needed.
I decided to wear one of my new long-sleeved shirts today even though it isn't going to be cold. It is my way of saying, " Fall please come!"
And I think I will wrap up this random post. I will try to have my thoughts more gathered for the next one!
I like this random post. We have the exact same sentiments about Fridays! I would do the same thing with school work. Even in my job, when I worked, (we had sort of "flexible hours"-as long as we got our work done, our boss never made us log hours or anything) I would work so hard during the week, so I could leave by 2 to enjoy the weekend! I still feel the same way now. I work so hard during the week, so we can just play on Friday. Sam sometimes comes home early. It's my day (before Sam comes home) to sit and read blogs I have been wanting to all week and just play with N and not worry about any house work.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about Naomi watching TV. Some days I'm fine with the thought of just chunking it and it never being an issue. We won't, but sometimes I wouldn't mind.
Thanks for your random thoughts!