
For those of you who read the magazine Southern Living, I decided to try the cake on the cover of the September issue. The Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake looked delicious and great for Fall flavors. I made it yesterday afternoon, even though I was really busy. I am not going to type out the whole recipe here, but if you would like it just let me know. Here is how it looked when I finished:
I was very excited about how the cake looked when I finished because it looked just like the picture!
This cake had quite a few steps. You had to make a cream cheese filling, apple batter (which included cutting up 3 cups of apple), and then making the praline frosting. And sadly, I was disappointed with how the cake tasted :( The cake was not very moist. I wonder if I cooked it a little too long or the apples weren't cut up small enough. Also, the cream cheese filling did not have much flavor. One thing I thought was interesting is that you put an egg with the cream cheese, and I think this may be why it was more baked. The icing tasted good. Now, my husband said the cake tasted good. The cake did not taste bad, it just was not as good as I expected. So if you were thinking about trying it, don't bother. Find another apple cake recipe!!
We are getting very closed to crawling! This is the trying to crawl position:
Gus acts like he wants to stand up on one leg, and then he rocks back and forth. He usually ends up on he belly and cries. I know it will just be a matter of time before he figures it out!
I had to include a few more pictures of the little man. Isn't Josh's grass nice?!?
Wow, that looks so super delicious. And your little one is way too cute!
ReplyDeleteI hate when I go to a bunch of trouble to make a recipe and it disappoints! At least Josh did the right thing and said it was good! ;-) Gus is just getting cuter and cuter! Get ready, because when he starts crawling, he's gonna GO!
ReplyDelete