Image Map

Monday, March 19, 2012

My Monday

We had a really nice weekend around here. Saturday after Josh got off work, we spent the afternoon outside. Last year Gus was a newborn during the Spring so I didn't get outside much. This year I am loving it! My parents arrived late in the afternoon, and we grilled fajitas for dinner and ate outside. It really was what I call a PERFECT afternoon!

My parents left this morning, and this is going to just be a normal day around our house. We have been blessed this morning with some rain- Thank you Lord!!! I have just been sweeping dust for weeks, and any drop of moisture is an answer to prayer.

I'm about to put together my menu for the week. I already had stuff for us to eat today, so I'm going to the store tomorrow. I might have to make my favorite this week- macaroni and cheese! I have been looking on Pinterest for ideas. I have found so many recipes on there. I think I am going to make a new board of recipes I have actually tried and liked!

I have to share a sweet gift Gus received for his birthday. An older man at our church MADE Gus a table and chairs. It is beautiful and made out of heavy wood. It is so sturdy it will hold adults. It is something we will have forever.

Gus said "book" this morning! He also "roared" when we read about a lion. I absolutely love him talking!! Every time he says "Uh Oh" it makes me smile!

We planted over 100 bulbs last fall, and our daffodils are blooming. They are beautiful.

We have a visitor for a few days- my parent's dog Doodle.
And to end I'll like to share a quote I found that I really like:


I hope you are all having a great Monday!! It is a good day :)


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

bits of splendor monday


And linking HERE

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet of that man to make such a lovely gift for a precious little boy. What a labor of love!

    What a good daughter you are, dogsitting for your parents. :o)

    Happy week and Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table is so great, and to have a sweet story behind it makes it better. I'm sure your parents had a nice visit in the recently finished guest room!

    ReplyDelete