Image Map

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gus Stats


Gus had his 12 month appointment yesterday! He weighed 23 lbs 14 oz (with clothes and shoes on), and they measured him to be 29 1/2 inches tall. His head is still in the 90th percentile (no ones knows the size of that head like I do since I pushed it out!!) He got a good report overall!

I felt like I was the one who failed the appointment! Gus still uses a bottle. He does not like sippy cups. So the dr told me to get rid of the bottle..... That's going to be fun.....

And Gus still uses his pacifier. He only started getting a tooth last week, so I hadn't worried about it. She had said to get rid of it at 6 months- but I don't know anyone who does that! That's going to be another fun bridge to cross.... bad mother!

Oh, and did I mention that when we gave Gus strawberries a few weeks ago, he ended up with a rash???!?! I felt awful. Mostly because I don't want him to deal with allergies. The dr did say we could try them again after he is 2.

I know all those things are fairly minor. Gus is healthy. He is smart and growing. I need to just do my best and not get too caught up in all the details.

Walking: Gus has no problems walking, he can almost run. And he loves it! I think he basically wanted to walk when he was born. Life was frustrating until he was able to move. Now he is everywhere and into everything. We don't have a baby anymore!

Eating: I try to feed Gus some of whatever we are eating. Up until a few days ago, he was doing great. Some days he is eating a whole banana for breakfast. He likes apples, refried beans, french fries, and crackers.

Sleeping: Gus is so much better about sleeping through the night! 3 out of the last 4 nights he has slept from about 10 (when we gave him a little snack) until around 7. I am loving this!

Bathing: Gus has learned how to take a shower! He wasn't sure about it the first few times, but now he really enjoys it.

Playing: Gus likes all kinds of toys. His favorites are still his books. He now will bring a book to us to read to him. He also will sit by himself and look at books. I love it. He loves to push and pull toys. He knows how to play his xylophone. He really likes to turn on the dvd player and the sound system- we aren't too happy about this trick. He also loves to get in the kitchen cabinets and get out pots and pans and cookie sheets- another trick that isn't my favorite. He is just a busy little guy.

Talking: Gus is quite the little talker. He says momma, dada, hi, Samson, and I think he says dog and woof. He will walk to our back door and yell. I don't know if he is saying woof because he hears the dogs barking or if he is saying dog. It is cute either way.

Naps: Gus still takes an afternoon nap. He seems to do best if it is at least 1 1/2 hrs. His morning naps just happen occasionally. But he still take a little short nap around 9 am every day, sometimes it is only 20 minutes. He is always in a better mood afterwards.

Clothes: He is wearing 12 month clothes, size 4 shoes, size 4 diapers, and this is the fun part- size 3T-4T hats! I told you his head was big!! He can still fit into some of his older clothes, but even some of the 12 month are a little tight. He has started wearing some t-shirts which is fun. They make him look so grown up!
Gus is truly just a gift! It is amazing watching his grow.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect to me! Getting rid of the paci at 6 months!?!?! No way!!! That would mean us getting rid of Holden's in less than a month...YEAH RIGHT! Haha. Sometimes, I think we just need to let some advice go in one ear and out the other. I wonder if some of these doctors actually do what they tell parents with their own children. I bet they don't! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big boy!! You are doing such a great job. Don't beat yourself up about any of your decisions! I think it's hilarious that he likes to take a shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a hard time with the paci too. Jaxson had it well after he was a year old.... I think he was closer to two when we finally broke him of it. As for allergies, Jax was the same way rash when he had strawberries.... we have tried it again and still the same, which is a bummer because I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gus is such a cutie! Glad he had a good 12 month check up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catie, he is sooo cute and getting so big! It's so funny he is such a go-getter. Little Naomi is so different and just started pulling up. :) I used to be more worried about that, but now I know to relax. She's normal and she is getting it, just a little slower.

    Naomi still takes a bottle between dinner and bedtime. My doctor said the bottle needs to go completely by 15 months. I think she is getting close to not needing that feeding, but we'll see. If she takes it a little longer than 15 months, I'm not going to worry.

    I'm sure the paci thing will be fine and kinda work itself out too. I know lots of kids that didn't drop it til well past one. We haven't really had to cross this. Naomi took it for a while but around 4 months kept spitting it out and didn't want it anymore. It's so funny how little ones are all so different and still all so normal. :)

    Gus' party looked fun too. He is a sweet, celebrated, special little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a healthy and adorable little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete