Image Map

Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Gus!!

It was a big weekend around here- celebrating my baby boy's 1st birthday!!! Wow- did that year go fast..... I can't believe it! He has been such a joy and a blessing, it just gets better every day.

We also had a big day on Friday. It is official- we have a tooth coming in on the bottom front! Gus hasn't been extra fussy or anything- what a trooper! Late Friday evening, there was a knock at the door which surprised us. It was my parents!!! They drove up to surprise and celebrate Gus's birthday. It was such a blessing to have them here, and it made the birthday even more special.

Saturday morning began with a breakfast of doughnut holes for the birthday boy with his Daddy. He also had fun pushing around his new wagon. Then I gave him a ride.

It was then time to try out his new slide! It was cold and raining, so our plan to play with his new toys outside didn't work, but he still enjoyed it. After the first time he slid down the slide, he turned right around and tried to crawl up the slide! I was nervous as he was nearly falling a lot! I will feel much better when it is outside in the grass.
Gus looked very cute in his red shirt

It was great having my grandparents and parents to celebrate with us. Gus enjoyed having them here too.
For lunch we went out to eat Mexican food. It tasted good as always, and my kitchen stayed clean!
We went home and Gus took a nap. As soon as Gus woke up, we opened his present and then had cake. He loved his cake and dug right in! It was so cute- I have it on video so we can remember it forever!!!

Ok- so for the decorations! We decided to do a wagon theme. I used Pinterest to find ideas and everything came together so cute.

We made a banner that went over the fire place. I got the idea from my friend Ande who did one similar for her little girl. I got the month printable HERE.

We got another banner that said "Happy Birthday Gus." I got this banner on Etsy which you can find here.

We got red wagon balloons, invitations, and plates and napkins from Party Pail which you can find here.We got cake and cookies from the bakery that made our wedding cake!!! You can find more about them here.
And here is how it all came together!

Gus loved the cake:
And then he needed some milk to wash it down!
Gus finished the day playing with some new toys and reading with mommy:

I want to say a big thanks to my mom and dad for coming up to celebrate with us
We had such a fun day. It was wonderful to celebrate this precious life God has allow us to be a part of. Children are such a blessing and a miracle. I still can't believe I have such a wonderful husband and son. God is so good.
Linking HERE

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! He really went for his cake! Love the red wagon theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute theme! He looks so cute and grown up in that little red shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! You did a great job on everything, Catie!! Gus looks so grown up! Man, where has this year gone??!!?? Our boys are actually little boys now!

    ReplyDelete