Image Map

Monday, December 12, 2011

Snow, Shopping, and Family

Growing up, my mom, sister, and I always planned a big trip to the "city" about 90 miles away to do Christmas shopping. We got dressed up, drove to my grandmother's house and picked her up, and then headed to town! It was the one time when we shopped and saw something we liked, someone would buy it for us for a gift! We always had a great time.

This year, my mom and sister flew to my grandmother's house, and I drove there, and we spent the weekend shopping, eating, and watching Christmas movies. I drove into town on Friday morning, and it was snowing!! It felt so Christmassy, it was perfect! Josh joined us after he finished work Friday night. I had not been able to spend much time with my sister in a while, so I really enjoyed getting to catch up with her. There was a beautiful light snow on the ground. It looked like a perfect white Christmas, but it was still easy to get around town.
Eating at our favorite burger place:
Aunt Grace showing Gus how to ride a bull:
Looking at Christmas Lights (and of course we had our coffee/hot chocolate with us):
Gus and Grace:
My Grandmother and I:


Grace and I used to play lots of piano duets.. Gus joined us this year :)
Fun time with Mommy:

Gus and MiMi

Gus and PawPaw



I had such a great time laughing and spending time with my family this weekend. Now I have to finish getting ready for Christmas, is it really less than two weeks away??? There are presents to order (yes, I haven't finished shopping yet!), gifts to wrap, goodies to make, movies to watch (can't go a year without seeing Home Alone- it makes me laugh!!), and lots more Christmas music to listen to! Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Christmassy weekend with family. It looks like you had a great time. And Gus looks adorable! Thanks for letting me see a slice of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memories! Nothing like family time. Enjoyed sharing in your fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that y'all have snow already! We either don't get it at all, or we get three feet in one week, and you just never know! Also, I am loving that street of houses with Christmas lights! Have a great week! ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete