Image Map

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Favorite Christmas Songs/Hymns

This week I just cannot seem to get things together! I have not been very good about cooking.... (I had Josh pick up something last night for dinner because I could not think of anything to make- I'm embarrassed!) Today I made Josh ravioli for lunch, even though it isn't his favorite because I couldn't come up with anything else. (I tried to make it better by making a homemade cream sauce for it, salad with homemade dressing, and some garlic cheese bread). But, I do have dinner taken care of tonight!!! The crockpot is going, we are having shredded pork tacos for dinner.

What are your favorite Christmas songs?? I like to put mine in two categories- Christmas hymns and Christmas songs.

My favorite hymns are:
1) Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus- these words are amazing, and I love the melody:
Come, thou long expected Jesus,
born to set thy people free;
from our fears and sins release us,
let us find our rest in thee.
Israel's strength and consolation,
hope of all the earth thou art;
dear desire of every nation,
joy of every longing heart.

Born thy people to deliver,
born a child and yet a King,
born to reign in us forever,
now thy gracious kingdom bring.
By thine own eternal spirit
rule in all our hearts alone;
by thine all sufficient merit,
raise us to thy glorious throne.

2) What Child is This? Amazing melody- Praising our King


My favorite Christmas songs:

1) The Christmas Waltz (Frosted Window panes, candles gleaming inside....)
2) The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....)
3) Sleigh Ride


What is your favorite Christmas song/hymn???

I probably should go clean something......

1 comment:

  1. I can't get things together either! I can't even think of something to make lately. I don't even know why! My favorite Christmas song is Joy to the World and Mary did you know. There are some new ones I've heard on Klove that I am just loving, but I don't remember the names or who they are sung by! We had pulled pork sandwiches last week, they were so good. What is your taco recipe?

    ReplyDelete