Image Map

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Winter Wonderland and Link-up



Today I am linking up with Women Living Well for a blog party. First, I want to just tell a little bit about myself.

My name is Catie, and I live in West Texas. I consider myself a stay-at-home mom although I do work a few hours a week as a pharmacist, but when I do my husband stays with our son Gus. I am very blessed with my flexible schedule.

This is me and the love of my life- Josh. We met in pharmacy school and were friends for several years before we started dating. He is my best friend and a true companion. Although we have been married for over a year and a half, I still want to spend all my time with him! He was worth the wait :)

In March of this year we got to welcome our son, Gus, into the world. He has been quite a handful but I love every day that I spend with him. It is amazing watching him grow and learn.


We also have two other babies, our dogs Bear and Samson. They are great companions!


I love to cook, decorate our house, shop, and take care of my family! I started this blog last year to document being pregnant with Gus and how he grows. I am definitely hooked on blogging now and enjoy writing about what is going on in our life.

As for today, we are enjoying a winter wonderland!!! Yes, it snowed, all morning! There was a strong chance of rain, but no one knew if it would snow. We were excited to see the ground covered when we woke up this morning. I enjoyed sitting in front of the fire this morning with Gus and watching the snow fall. It would have been heaven if Josh could have stayed home.

Here is the backyard when we woke up:

I took Gus outside to check out the snow. I just held him for a few minutes. He wasn't sure what to think.


This is us sitting by the fire:


Update on the diet: Josh and I started the Dukan Diet on Monday. It has not been easy, but I am glad to report that I have lost over 6 lbs and Josh 9 lbs. Over the last few days I have had huge cravings for just something crunchy. But, we have made it this far so we are going to stick it out. We will do one more day of all protein tomorrow and then add back vegetables. And we are excited about that!!

I know I haven't written about the 31 Day Challenge in a while, I will write about that hopefully tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Look at how cute you guys are! Gus looks so cute in the snow. I can't believe it is already snowing. Here in Az, we are still sweating like crazy. It was 80 this evening and my husband was making fun of me for packing a jacket for the kids. Yah, I am lame.
    What is the Dukan diet? I have never heard of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry it isn't cooling off for you yet! I love living where we have distinct seasons. I wrote about the Dukan diet earlier this week, but basically you eat all protein for 3-7 days then add back vegetables. I plan to do another post on it later today. Dieting is really no fun because I love food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Gus sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this . . . I really like Gus' hat and little flannel shirt. How precious!!! Your blog is so great! I love reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is beautiful! :-) Thanks for following me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey fellow Rph. I love the picture of Gus, holding his pumpkin. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete