What day you may ask?? Gus's first trip to the nursery at church.
I wrote about my worries about this last week. I knew we should take the plunge, but I still didn't want to. We decided to ease into it. I would take him to the nursery during the song right before the sermon, so he wouldn't be in there very long. As the song began, I got up and took that walk to the room with a colorful floor, toys everywhere, and Veggies Tales on the tv. I gave a few instructions and walked away, pretending to be brave. I made it though the sermon, although my stomach was churning. My mind wandered to all the things that might go wrong, and I quickly prayed I would focus my mind on things that were TRUE. They had a time of prayer and I couldn't hold it in. I shed some tears. After the last song, I rushed back, to find Gus happy, surrounded by stuffed animals so he wouldn't fall and bump his head. I was informed he hadn't cried at all.
Although it will still be hard next time, I did survive the first time. And Gus was happy and fine.
We had a nice weekend. Josh stayed with Gus while I got a pedicure :)! I hadn't had one in months and it was much needed.
We worked in the front yard. We planted 140 tulip and daffodil bulbs in a flower bed, I hope to show you pictures of them next year!! Gus supervised.
Josh gave me this beautiful rose that he grew in our backyard. It smelled better than any rose I have ever had from a flower shop.
We did a lot of relaxing which was nice.
Gus is 7 months old today!! I will write more about that tomorrow.
Awesome job stepping out in faith! ;D It tore my heart in two, each time I've ever had to pass off one if my babies for the first time to the nursery.:( I think what hurts the most, is it's a literal 'first step' away from mommy (unless you've had a sitter prior)...that initial seperation kills, but thankfully gets easier. I had KNOTS in my stomach for the whole 2yrs PRIOR of my first finally going to kindergarten-and guess what-although I shed some tears the few weeks before, the day OF was easier than expected-phew! We can do this! ;D
ReplyDelete