Image Map

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

He's Got the World in His Hands

A topic overwhelmingly at the top of my mind lately is worry. I have know several friends who have blogged about it, and it has been a daily struggle for me especially since Gus was born. This week my concern was putting Gus in the nursery at church. I am happy at the prospect of being able to go to Sunday School and being able to sit through the sermon with Josh. I know Gus will be well taken care of. However, the devil keeps getting in my mind, planting ideas of things that could go wrong and causing me to worry. I must say after thinking about it I was moved to tears. I know Gus will be fine and that it will be good for me and Josh. I have been praying that God will help me hand over my worries to Him and trust Him. He cares about the birds, wouldn't He watch over my son???

I occasionally will sing kid's songs to Gus that come into my mind. Yesterday, the song "He's got the whole world in His hands" came to my head, and I started singing. I thought about the words and realized they were meant for me. God will always have Gus in His hands, so why do I spend so much time worrying???

On Sunday our pastor taught using Ephesians 3:14-21. These verses are extra special to me because we had them read at our wedding. I love it:

"For this reason I bow my knew before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grand you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith- that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have the strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to KNOW the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly that all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

The description of God's love in these verses overwhelms me. I want Him to receive all the glory in my life, but first I must hand all my worries over to Him.

Lastly, I pray God will help me control my thoughts:

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."
Philippians 4:8


Thinking about what might happen is not dwelling on things that are true.

This is a daily battle for me, but well worth the fight

2 comments:

  1. Found this post from your comment on Kelly's Korner...I LOVE how you reminded me of the song "He's Got The Whole World in His Hands". My husband and I haven't started trying to get pregnant, yet, but I have so many friends who have struggled with infertility and miscarriages that I have already become so anxious about getting pregnant and having a child. Thank you for reminding me that Jesus even has the "little bitty babies in HIS hands!" So true and such a wonderful reminder! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete