Image Map

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dust Bowl and Standing

We have all read about the Dust Bowl days. But yesterday, I lived through one! As I have said before, I live in a very small town in West Texas. Two blocks from my house is prairie. I decided to step out my front door to get the mail yesterday and got quite a shock. This is what I saw:

As it moved closer, it became more windy. I decided I better go back inside as there was trash and all kinds of things blowing around.

I then began taking pictures from my front window. First, things were hazy. Then, you couldn't see the building across the street anymore.

This was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I watched the news last night and saw some amazing videos. It is so dry here, bring on some snow!!!!

All that dirt was a cold front coming through. Today I played dress-up with Gus and put him in some of his new winter clothes. I sat him by our fireplace, but he was very distracted by the decor.. I love his blue eyes in this picture


Gus loves to stand up. He has enjoyed it since he was just a few months old. He is just about able to stand by himself. He has been pulling up on his toys for a couple of weeks.



Samson had to sit in my lap while I was taking pictures and playing with Gus

And here I am... Don't you always feel a little silly taking a self-portrait?!? And the lighting is just bad, my eyes don't have that big of circles under them :)

2 comments:

  1. It looked like Samson was ready to jump in and help him stand at one point!! I can't believe how big he's getting! I so wish we were closer so our boys could play together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dust storm is so crazy. I've lived up there most of my life and have never seen anything like that. I bet it was amazing to watch.

    Gus' little winter hat is so cute, as is the picture of you! :)

    ReplyDelete