On my PawPaw's actual birthday, we ate BBQ at my sister's. She and her husband have recently purchased some land so we enjoyed spending some time there.
Does this man look 80 to you???
My sister recently got a horse, so Gus enjoyed his first horseback ride.
I rode her horse in my Sperry Top Siders...
Gus enjoyed lots of time with MiMi and Big Daddy
Here are a few other pics from the evening:
The next day we celebrated with a big dinner with all of my Uncle's family too.
Grandchildren and Great-Grandson
The Whole Family!
Sisters:
Grace and Brett
While we were in Dallas, I had to make a visit to NorthPark. Gus enjoyed seeing the ducks.
We got so many fun pictures, but I know I can't share them all. We had such a wonderful time celebrating. My grandfather is one of the sweetest, kindest men I know. Gus is named for my grandfather's father. My great-grandfather immigrated here from Greece. My great-grandmother died shortly after my grandfather was born, so my grandfather was adopted. He has come such a long way in his life and has seen so much. I know that all his hard work has made things so much better for us. I am lucky to have such an amazing heritage. (I just wish I had inherited some of that Greek skin!! ;)) Special weekends like this one remind me how blessed I am . I have such a wonderful family. God is so good.
Loved checking out your blog this evening! Especially that cute fall front porch! Mums make me smile too! (Since all my summer flowers are dead-lol! ;D) And that dust bowl blog! I'd have thought it was the end of the world a comin'! Reminds me of living in Arizona during monsoon season. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete