Image Map

Monday, November 11, 2013

Time for rest

Over the last few weeks, we have been extremely busy. Josh has been busy working, and I've been busy at home. But on top of all of that, my mind has been busy. This weekend- it was time for rest. 

Thursday night- I made this. Thank goodness for store-bought crust. Making pie crust is really not something I'm very good at or enjoy. This pie was yummy. 
 
On Saturday, there were no home projects. No major cooking. No major anything! 
Maddie looked really cute in this skirt. 
Sunday we went to church. Maddie talked through the entire sermon :). She wasn't being bad, just talking. So I didn't take her out. I hope no one minded too much! I always enjoy happy baby noises. When the sermon started, Gus told us he wanted to go to the nursery. Josh took him, and there was no fight- yay! And Sunday afternoon was spend sitting. We got Christmas cards ordered (big YAY) and made some decisions on some Christmas gifts. That cleared out some of the things that had been hanging around in my mind. 

I always love getting the new Christmas Recipe book they sell at Dillards. I got this one and have been enjoying looking through it. There are lots of recipes I can't wait to try. 
 
This baby in my belly has been giving me some trouble too. Last night, I was having what felt and looked like some contractions, which it is way to early to be thinking about those! I spend the evening on the couch waiting for them to stop. I felt better this morning when I got up, but now the baby is kicking around, and the contractions feel like they are back a little. So today I'm going to be taking it easy. No crazy cleaning. No major cooking. Just some rest! 





1 comment:

  1. Well, good for you, heeding the body's advice of needed rest. May this week bring you rest and restored strength. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete