Image Map

Friday, November 1, 2013

Simple Advice for New Moms

I wanted to link up with KELLY'S KORNER today for this fun topic: 

When you are about to have your first child, or second even, advice will be coming from every direction. About to have my third child, I am no expert, but I just wanted to share a few easy things for any of you out there who may be new moms.

1) You can listen to and read advise, but you don't have to follow it all. You are the mommy. You are going to know your child better than anyone else. Don't try to please everyone. Just take care of your baby and yourself.

2) It will make you feel better to "get ready" for the day. If you have a difficult night with the baby, it may make you feel better to go ahead and take a shower and clean yourself up. You can put the baby down for a few minutes to shower and put on some fresh clothes. It will help you keep going and feel like a real person :)

3) Enjoy just sitting and holding your baby.  There is pressure sometimes to get out of the house, to get your pre-pregnancy body back, to live just like you did before you had your new blessing. Your life is now forever changed. I'm sure that you have heard it before, but babies are only little for a very short time. Savor each moment that you can, just relax, and love on your little one. And when you have a second or third child, you can't always just sit and hold them because you have other children to take care of. I look back on those first few weeks with my babies as so special. They are hard, but there is nothing like just sitting and holding your baby in your arms.

4) If you are are struggling with anything, ask for help. There are so many new things happening when you have a baby. Your body is going through lots of changes. Your emotions are everywhere. Find someone you can talk to about what you are going through.

5) You have the most important job in the world!! Taking care of that sweet baby is all you need to be worrying about. It's a big job, and you are the perfect one to do it :)

I love being a mommy, although there have been many hard days and I know there will be many more to come. The important thing is to not give up! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. SO true about how much better you feel if you're able to take a shower and put on real clothes :) Loved your meal time tips the other day - I've been struggling with this, but it helps to much to hear your tips and know that it's sometimes a struggle for other moms too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are such a good mom to your babies, and I love keeping up with you on here and other social media sites since we can't see each other. Love you Catie! Oh, and I wish I could make my blog look as cute as yours looks. I am trying to work on it, but I'm not very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Catie, you are a very good Mom and what great, great advice. I think you nailed it in all of them and new Moms would be wise to heed your advice. Always a pleasure to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice...from one of the most patient moms I know.

    ReplyDelete