Image Map

Monday, November 4, 2013

Painting, Nesting, And Cooking

I haven't blogged about us in a while, so I'm going to get caught up. 

On Thursday night, we went and visited Josh at the pharmacy until he closed, then we went to our Mexican food place in town. We love their food, and the kids do too! 
 
 

Our weekend was PACKED!! As we are counting down until the holidays get here and our new baby boy, we have a big "TO DO" list! We decided one thing we would do to change things up for the new baby was to pain Gus's room which they will eventually share. Now Gus's room was a bright green color. Here's my post about his room from a while back: Gus's Room. We decided to just use Gus's bumper for the new baby for two reasons. First- we love it and still haven't found another one we really like. Second, of course it is way cheaper and why just get something new when what we have will work great! We did get new baby a different sheet, and I plan to get him some other things that will be just his. So the paint on the wall needed to be something that would match the bedding we have for the boys.
 

Here is a glimpse of the color. 
 
We don't have everything back on the walls so I'm not going to do a full tour yet. Saturday morning, Josh took the kids to get breakfast and a few other items, and I began painting as quickly as I could! To save time, I taped most of the room on Friday. When you have two helpers, you have to use your time wisely! After Josh got back he finished up the top parts I couldn't reach. We finished his room by about 2 pm.

Another project we had been talking about doing is repainting our bedroom. We only have one window, so it was a little dark. I had seen pictures of lighter rooms and wanted to paint the room a lighter color. When we looked at sample colors for Gus's room, we liked one of them for our room. So, why not just do both rooms this weekend!?!? We started our room on Friday night after the kids went to bed. We were able to both paint, so we were finished by about 10 pm! (we ran out of paint- so we had to stop then). We finished when we put the kids down for a nap on Saturday, which didn't turn out really to be a naptime. Gus never went to sleep, and Maddie screamed most of the time. I'll do a separate post of our bedroom when we get it all finished. We'd like to get a new bedspread, lamp shades, etc. After finishing painting our room, we decided to head to the nearest Lowe's for a few more things for the house.

Because we are a little crazy, we decided to go ahead and finish yet another project we had been wanting to do as well. The window and bathroom cabinet in the kids' bathroom needed painted. So we started that after we put the kids to bed. I painted the cabinet and drawers. Josh worked on the window. We also finished putting our bedroom back together. Then after we finished painting in the bathroom, Josh put a new fan in our bedroom that we had bought at Lowe's. And he finished putting it up at about 2 am. If you know us at all, this is totally not how we usually do things!!!! Thank goodness for the time change and the kids sleeping late on Sunday morning!

When we woke up on Sunday, our room was brighter which was so nice! Yay for new paint. Sunday morning we made breakfast and then finished touching up paint in the bathroom. I made lunch, and then it was finally time to relax in front of the fire to nap and watch football.

And because that wasn't enough to do, I had bought a turkey since they were on sale at the grocery store to roast. I use the meat for all the normal things you put chicken in. Josh helped me, and we successfully roasted, carved and froze all the meat.
And as you can imagine, we were exhausted! My body was so sore! Just doing all that work without much sleep would have been enough, but try doing it 28 weeks pregnant! But it was a good weekend of course because we got to spend time together. Now- onto the next project on our list! :)
post signature









1 comment:

  1. The room looks great! We have so many projects going on here it's ridiculous..It's hard to find time to do things with an infant! So glad I found your blog. Looks like we have a lot in common. New follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete