I am WAY behind on this, but I finally got it done this week! I had seen some ideas on blogs, and one of my friends made this for her little boy's birthday. I wanted to put everything from Gus's first birthday into a book for us to keep. This included a few pictures, his cards, the banners that I had made, an invitation and thank-you note. I bought a plain binder, a few filler scrapbook pages, and a few pages of decorative scrapbook paper. It only took me a few hours to put this together once I had all the supplies and sat down to do it. I made all the labels just with my printer on cardstock paper.
One of the banners was easy to store in a baggie, which I just punched one hole in to attach in the binder.
This binder isn't super fancy, but it was an easy way for me to save everything from Gus's birthday.
Our little guy has been keeping me very busy lately. He is talking more everyday. His new words from the last few weeks are: "chip," "turkey," "hotdog," and "dough" for donut.
Something that just makes me laugh is that Gus loves dips. Now- his mommy LOVES chips and dips, so this should really be no surprise. Gus loves queso, and this week he tried my Ranch jalapeno dip. He doesn't not mind spicy food at all- he likes it! If he sees us dipping, he wants to dip too. However, he likes then to eat the dip off and then get more. We are going to have to learn about double dipping :)
Here are a few pics of my little firecracker:
What a cute idea! I keep my clipped recipes in a format much like this. I love these notebooks and the clear sleeves to put paper in. They work for many things. Cute little guy!
ReplyDeleteI love the binder! It makes me want to go back and tweak mine a bit! It will be so fun to look back on all the birthdays one day.
ReplyDeletecute idea! glad I saw this when I did - my little girl turns one next month - I can do this!
ReplyDelete