Here are some pictures of Gus playing in his room:
I love this train! I found this at a little locally owned store near here.
I made two dips on Sunday to go with our fajitas. The first is one of my favorites. I love the dip at a restaurant in Dallas called Chuy's. I looked for a copy cat recipe online and tried it. I thought it tasted great! I have since lost the recipe I printed, but here is how I make it and I do not usually measure the ingredients, I just guess....
Sour Cream
Mayo
Green tomatillo salsa
Fresh cilantro, chopped
A jalopeno, chopped and seeds removed
Ranch dip powder packet
I put all these into a blender, and that's it! Very easy, and so good. If you want it more tangy, use less sour cream and more mayo. I take the seeds out of the jalopeno otherwise it would be really spicy! It is good to dip all kinds of chips in or you can put it on tacos, fajitas, etc.
The next dip we made was a bean dip. Josh wanted me to make sure and say this was his idea :) He made something similar to this from a recipe a few weeks ago, but we just put this together with what we had in the house.
1 can of bean dip
Sour cream (we only had a little, but you could put how much or little you wanted)
Part of a taco seasoning packet (we have tacos a lot so I keep the envelopes of seasoning in our pantry, I probably put about a tablespoon in with this)
Mix these well, cover in grated cheese (I used cheddar jack)
Bake in the oven (I did at 350 degree) until warm and cheese is melted
We ate this with tortilla chips, very yummy!!
I was thinking last week that I have not talked much about our dogs in a while, so I want to spend some time talking about each of them. I will start with Bear. Bear is two years old. I had always wanted a yorkie, and my sister's husband's mom had yorkie poodle puppies (yes I know that was a complicated conection!). I could not believe how tiny he was when I got him.

At the time I was single and living alone. Bear was such a fun companion.

Bear gets along great with Samson. Josh and I were dating when I got Bear, so Bear met Samson when he was very little and they became fast friends. Bear makes us laugh a lot.
Facts about Bear:
1) He weighs 6 lbs.
2) He doesn't wag his tail much, but I know when he is happy
3) He only wants to be held or cuddle at certain times, he is independent around the house. However, if he is scared he runs to me.
4) When he wants something, he will bother you until he gets it
5) He is protective of Gus
6) He sits on my feet when I am getting ready in the bathroom or washing dishes
7) When in the car, he has to be in a lap
8) He loves to bark at toads in our backyard
9) I cut his hair myself :)
And with that, I will end this random post!
Oh my goodness, Gus is sitting up so well on his own!!!! Go Gus! I think I'm going to try that sour cream dip-looks so good. I just ate at Chuy's for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It is very good!
ReplyDeleteYummy! So glad you shared!
ReplyDeleteYou have a cute blog!