Growing: Two weeks ago at his 4 month appointment (the timing was a little off for the appointment) Gus weighed 18 lbs. 2 oz. I think he might have gained a couple of oz since then. I think he has mostly been growing taller! He measured 25 in. at his appointment, but his fat rolls seem to be getting a little smaller.
Eating: Gus is eating 5 oz every 3 hours. We started giving him a little cereal a few weeks ago. Last night we tried real food- squash for the first time! He did not love it, but he did not dislike it. I tried it again this morning, and I am not sure if he likes it or not. We will keep trying!
Here is his first bite:
Sleeping: The only major change in sleeping is that Gus is sleeping in his room at night. He still sleeps from about 11-4 or 5. I am patiently waiting on the day when he start regularly sleeping through the night.
Playing: He is sitting up really well now. He enjoys sitting in his room and playing with his toys. He still plays on his mat, sits in his chair, and sits in the bumbo.
He seems to already have a temper. He screams sometimes when he is mad. He still fights to take naps sometimes.
We had a sad day this week:
Gus has used this puppy pacifier since he was born. This week it broke. Thankfully we have transitioned to another animal paci easily. But, we have called his paci his "puppy" for so long I don't know if we will change the name or not.
Many times when I pick him up now, he will give me a hug! He also puts his mouth on my check, and I like to think of it as a kiss. I love this little boy so much!! He makes me laugh every day. I constantly pray that I will be a good mom for him, and that he will come to know the Lord my Savior. He is truly a gift that I cherish every day.
I love the video!! He is so cute! That's so sad about puppy! Maybe he can still play with puppy without the paci? Tim and I have talked about doing that if monkey ever comes off of the paci! I will probably be more upset about it when it happens than Robby will be, haha!! The pictures of him with Bear are precious!! Does he play with Samson like that, too?
ReplyDeleteYes, Samson now will sit by Gus and play with him too! Gus doesn't really seem to miss the puppy, he likes his new giraffe!
ReplyDelete