Image Map

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Playmat

Since Gus likes to sit up and play now, I have been wanting a foam mat for him to sit on in the living/kitchen so he wouldn't bump his head on the hard floor. I found one that would work and wasn't too expensive online at Mardel. It arrived yesterday, and I set it up.

I didn't want him to have his mouth all over the foam since I have no idea if it is really safe, so I put a blanket down for him to sit on.
He seems to really enjoy just sitting and playing on it.

Last week I wrote about starting to feed Gus food. I had a plan to start vegetables like the dr. had said. That idea went out the window when Gus did not like carrots or squash at all. Josh tried giving him some banana, and he really liked it! So, we have been feeding him banana and mixing in some carrots. I know you can plan all you want, but it does not mean things will happen that way. I will still work on giving Gus vegetables, but I have to feed him something we will eat or he will never learn!

This morning I vacuumed the house and took Gus out for a walk around the block..... exciting stuff I know! I also made a cake for a girl who was having a birthday at the pharmacy. It is really easy and tastes great. You spray at 9x13 pan and put coconut and nuts on the bottom. Then mix up a German chocolate cake mix as directed on the box and pour over the nuts. Next mix 1 stick of butter, 8 oz of cream cheese, and 3 cups of powdered sugar. (you will have to melt the butter and cheese a little to mix it). Then just put the butter mixture into the cake. It will be thick, so what i do is just scoop some out of the mixing bowl with a spatula and drop it into the cake in chunks throughout. You will have the yummy chocolate along with the creamy butter mixture, it is so good! Bake it at 350, it will depend on what kind of pan you use on how long to cook it. It took longer for me since I used the insulated pan. I just test the cake with a toothpick to make sure it is done (although make sure you don't put the toothpick in the cream!). It will also start to pull away from the edges when it is done. (around 50 minutes to 70 minutes)

I have to share this picture because it is so cute. This was before the real playmat came in the mail, and I had a makeshift one with a comforter. The playmat is not just for Gus apparently....

No comments:

Post a Comment