Image Map

Friday, August 5, 2011

Why I Blog and It's Friday!!!

I was just reading Kelly's Korner and wanted to write about blogging. Now, I know that I don't have a whole lot of people that read my blog, but I really enjoy it. Being a stay at home mom, I feel like it connects me to other people, especially my friends that read it. I do not claim to be an expert at blogging, so I am just going to write the reasons I blog:

1) To let my friends see Gus growing up and know what is going on in my life- I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere so I have lots of friends I do not get to see very often! It also helps me remember what has happened in the past because I have never been good at keeping a journal.

2) I love to write about the things I cook. Cooking is a hobby of mine and I am always trying new recipes although do not always turn out. I enjoy seeing new recipes on blogs to give me ideas

3) I am a new mom. I write about my experiences in watching my son grow. I enjoy reading other blogs about raising kids so I can learn and be a better parent, or at least know I am not alone in my struggles.

4) The more I blog, the more I enjoy it. I used to only write a few times a month, but now I am always thinking of things I can write about. I hope it helps me become a better writer to engage people who read it!

I am very excited it is Friday! Josh is off work tomorrow, and I think it is the first Saturday we will both be home since probably May. We will probably do some things in the yard and then maybe drive to a nearby town to eat.

Last night I fixed chicken Caesar salad for dinner. Our store did not have the dressing we usually buy, so I decided to make some! It turned out very good (and I used some more of the chicken I had bought for the chicken salad). I also made a buttermilk pie for dessert. I knew the salad would not be super filling, so I thought a pie would be nice. I have made this pie for years and it is very good- just let me know if you would like the recipe.
I also decided to just get out our china to eat it on :)

This morning I cooked breakfast for Josh. Josh loves biscuits, so I have made them lots since we have been married. Many times when I have made them, they have not risen when baked. This is so frustrating! I think I have finally mastered them though, and the last several times they turned out fluffy! Here is his breakfast- bacon, egg, and biscuits (which he ate with apricot preserves he made)

Many of the recipes I make are from this book: The Betty Crocker Cookbook- Bridal Edition

I registered for this when we got married. Nearly every recipe I have made from it has been good. It has all kinda of recipes, and most of them don't have too many ingredients.

I hope you have a blessed weekend!

10 comments:

  1. You make HOMEMADE bisquits?! I will most definately stay posted for some future recipes and tips, for as much as I LOVE cooking, I HATE baking :D But my husbands been begging me to make him bisquits and gravy for over 10yrs...haven't done it yet :( Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips and the extra encouragement I needed to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I blog too! Glad to find you in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I need that cook book! I am getting married in 2 months...great idea to register for it! And I agree with everything you said :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading your list!! You seem to love blogging for all the same (or most of the same) reasons I do!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Catie! Just wanted to say thank you for the sweet comment on my blog today =) I too, love meeting new moms who are like myself! I am now your newest follower =) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting you from Kelly's Korner.

    I like how you admitted that while you love to cook, not all of your recipes turn out. Refreshing to know I'm not alone :) That looks like a cookbook I will have to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your meals both sounds wonderful. Your family is blessed to have someone that loves to cook and does it well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Those are the reasons I blog, as well! I'm so thankful we get to watch our boys grow up through our blogs! I can't wait until next month when they get to see each other again. I predict LOTS of pictures will be taken!!

    ReplyDelete