While we were driving through it, the temperature dropped to 50 degrees!!! Yay cooler weather!
We ate out pretty much the whole time we were there. At the first restaurant we tried Gus in the highchair, he only lasted a few minutes.
It is always nice to be with other people because it is another set of hands to hold and entertain Gus!
On Saturday we shopped a little in the morning. By the time we ate lunch Gus was worn out! This was the first time he slept in his stroller like this:
Gus did most of the shopping in the baby bjorn because the stores weren't really big enough to be pushing our stroller through.
Later that night we drove out to the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. It is just an amazing sight! I have been there before, but I still enjoyed seeing it again.
Josh likes to take pictures, and he took all of these of the gorge.
On Sunday we spent the day mostly reading and playing games. We did go out to eat for lunch. As you can see, Gus wasn't too happy at this moment but I thought I would put this in here because it is a very common face for Gus :)
He also decided he likes these kind of tables and tried to eat them at two different places we went.
The backyard at the house where we stayed was beautiful with desert plants. The dogs enjoyed playing back there.
Sunday night my parents kept Gus so Josh and I could go out together. We ate at a pizza place with a picture perfect view of the mountains. It was a nice relaxing time to be outside.
On Monday morning we ate breakfast with some friends who had just drove into Taos. I have known them for almost 20 years. They are some of our best friends, we have even gone on vacation with them. It was fun to see them.
Sadly, it was them time to go and we drove home. It was about a 5 and 1/2 hr drive with stops for food.
I had to put that cute picture in here. Gus loves to feel of his daddy's face and also loves beards.
This week I am trying to not cook very much in the oven. It is so hot outside, and when the oven it on the house just gets even hotter. We came up with 3 meals that could be made with just 1 rotisserie chicken. Those chickens bought at the store are not super expensive and you don't have to worry about any cooking. We are going to have chicken salad sandwiches, chicken Caesar salad, and chicken packets with the chicken which will work out to be not too expensive. I have cooked a whole chicken before but it will just save the house from heating up buying it already cooked. (and me time of course!) I will share what recipes I use throughout the week. I feel like I am behind because I missed a few days of blogging. I will try to catch up over the week!
So fun Catie! I love that Gus tried a high chair. Aren't parents the greatest for watching our little ones so we can go on a date with our husbands?!?!?! We are so blessed to have them.
ReplyDelete