Image Map

Monday, July 9, 2012

Priceless time with a Friend

We had a very big weekend around our house. One of my best friends- Randi drove 9 hours to come visit us with her two boys! We had not seen each other since last September, and I had not met her newest little man named Charlie! We have known each other for 6 years. A week after Gus was born, Randi moved 8 hours away. We were very sad, but we keep up daily through texting! We are lucky they have unlimited texting otherwise we might be getting in trouble with our husbands :)

Here we are December 2010 - pregnant with Robby and Gus
Here are Gus and Robby- two days after Gus was born
Here are Robby and Gus last September


Enough reminiscing, now to this trip. We had a WONDERFUL time!! The boys really enjoyed playing together and were worn out each night.

The boys played outside quite a bit:


 
 

Have you ever seen boys this cute??

And what more do two moms need than their IPhones and a Sonic drink!
While Randi was here, I wanted to start on a craft I wanted to do for Little Miss's room (that's what I'm calling our little girl coming in November) We loaded up Randi's 4-Runner with the 3 boys and headed to Hobby Lobby!

It was a full backseat, but we made it work!!


The boys had so much fun. Robby and Gus took turns pushing each other on this car.

And you just can never get enough of sweet Charlie's face!


Before church Sunday, we took lots of photos!



 
Randi is just beautiful- and these boys are just precious :)


And there were times when we just relaxed inside, enjoying each others' company.





There is just nothing better than girl time. We talked about raising our boys, things we found on Pinterest, the tv shows we both watch, everything just the same as when we text, but in person. This trip reminded me how special Randi is to me!! This pretty much sums things up:



Hopefully it won't be as long before we enjoy another visit. I'm so thankful Randi came to visit!

3 comments:

  1. Girl time is the best! How fun that your kids are all close in age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute boys! It is so wonderful to have close friends. Glad you stay in touch even though you are far apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I just cried!! I am so blessed to have you in my life! It was a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete