Image Map

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gus is 8 Months Old!




8 Months

Can this be true??? It is going by so fast, I sometimes want you to always be my little boy. But I am excited to watch you grow and learn too!

I weighed you this morning and you were 21.6 lbs! I think you have been getting taller too!

The big news is that you are crawling..... everywhere! For a while I wondered if it would ever happen. You would get on your tummy, kick you legs, and get mad because you did not go anywhere. But all of a sudden, you figured it out! You drag one of your legs a little bit because you want to be sure you can sit back up wherever you go. You are moving quickly now so I have to keep my eye on you. You like to find shoes the best.

You were already pulling up on things, but now you are even more. You pull up on the fireplace a lot. I had to move some of my fall decorations because you really liked the pine cones :)

You will be walking in no time I am sure! You are taking steps when we hold your hands. While you were staying with Daddy yesterday, you were standing up leaning on your toy, and you walked across the room pushing your toy! I am sad that I missed it, and I can't wait to see you do it again.

You are talking more and more. You say lots of sounds- ha, ma, da, ba, ga, ra and th. You love to read your books. Several times when we have read What Do You Say?, you actually say the last page! The next to the last page says, "What do you say to a little fish?" The last page says, "Hello Little Fish." When I turn to the last page, several times you will say a H sound or you will just talk. I was so excited! I look forward to reading for many more years with you.



You sleep through the night very regularly. Since the time change you have been a little off, but I am really enjoying getting more sleep. Your naps have also been a little off this week, we will keep working on that.

We found a food that you don't like, PEAS! You must be like your mommy, I don't like them or even the smell either.

I am really looking forward to your first Thanksgiving! I want the holidays to be as special to you as they are to me.

You really are a Daddy's boy. Every time Daddy comes home, you get a huge smile on your face. You finally said da da a few weeks ago. You are so lucky to have a Daddy who loves and cares about you like he does.

You still don't have any teeth! I am no worried though. I didn't get mine until later too, and your doctor told us it is better for the teeth not to be exposed to the bottle as much. We will just keep waiting!

This month we discovered you are ticklish under your arms. I love to see you smile and laugh.

I hope and pray each day that I am the best mommy I can be for you. I love you more than you will ever know.

Mommy

The Imperfect Housewife

2 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! Enjoy this time, it goes by SO fast. I know everyone tells you that, and everyone is right! I remember when my oldest was doing those things and now she is 5. No more baby, just little girl! Thanks for sharing this, and for linking-up today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah he is so sweet!! Little chunky monkey! My girls were the same way! :-)

    ReplyDelete