For a Newborn:
Chair

Before I had Gus I often wondered what I would do if I needed to go to the bathroom or just needed to put him down for a minute. This was my answer. He really enjoyed sitting in it and still does sometimes. It vibrates which can be soothing for a baby. When he gets older it will convert to a little rocker.
Plenty of Blankets
We never had too many blankets. Every time that we went out he would use a blanket and we wrapped him up to sleep too. Carter's makes really soft ones, I have this one pictured, my friend Randi gave it to me!Soothies
I looked into which pacifier to use before Gus was born. These are supposed to be some of the best. I gave Gus a pacifier a few days after he was born and he liked it. I know some babies are picky, but I think these are worth a try.Wubbanub
This is a must have! It is a soothe pacifier hooked onto a small stuffed animal. Because of the animal, if the pacifier falls out of the babies' mouth, it won't fall far. Gus learned very quickly how to get his pacifier back in his mouth. They also make ones you can hook other types of pacifiers on if you use something else. Because this was Gus's first pacifier, we call all pacifiers "puppy".Pacifier Wipes

I have used lots of brands, but it is just nice to have in your diaper bag for when the pacifier gets dropped. They also will work on toys.
Pacifier Clip

I don't think this really needs an explanation!
Infant Carrier Cover
Gus was born when it was cold, so this was great to kee him warm. But also, it keeps people from touching your baby which is a big deal to me. People, do not touch children you don't know!!! I think that topic deserves a post of it's own.Pack-n-play

We used our pack-n-play for Gus to sleep in when he slept in our room. It also has a little changing station which is nice especially at first. It will vibrate to sooth the baby and also played music. We use this when we travel and have flown with it.
Animal mat

I was given this mat as a gift. Gus slept on it (with a blanket too) for a very long time. It helped keep him warm and also I think made him feel secure because it was soft and fuzzy. I loved it.
Swing

I probably should have bought this swing sooner that I did. Gus really enjoyed it although it took some getting used to. I chose this swing because it had lights and a little mobile that turned to hold his attention. It also plays music and sounds. It can change directions but we never changed it. Now we actually turn on the lights and sounds at night when Gus sleeps to sooth him. (the swing does have purple on it which I didn't realize until it came in the mail)
Amazon Mom:
Cheapest place I have found for diapers and wipes
We used Pampers Sensitive diapers and wipes with Gus. He hasn't really had much of any diaper rash. We use Johnson & Johnson bath wash and lotion.
The cheapest place I have found to get formula is Sam's Club.
I keep thinking of things to add, but I think I will stop there! If you have any other questions about what we have used with Gus, just ask! I know a lot of my readers are already moms, but I just wanted to write about what we have liked. It is so hard when you do not know where to start when you are having a baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment