Image Map

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas, Cards, Mail, and Don't Touch My Baby!

This morning I am looking online for Christmas cards. We looked at several stores while we were in town, but I have not found any I really liked. Just like with most things, I am very picky! I want something that says "Christmas" and not just "Happy Holidays." I hope to find something soon so I can order them and get started addressing! I love getting Christmas cards and sending them. Last year I read about how people may stop sending Christmas cards. Because of things like Facebook, people see pictures of you all the time. They don't need an update with a photo in a card at Christmas. I remember when I was little I got so excited when we got cards in the mail. I couldn't wait to see how people had changed.

There is still something special about getting mail. When I was little, I had several pen pals. Because I lived a long way from several of my friends, that is how we remained close. I lived for fun stationary. I had a huge collection of stickers I would decorate the letters with, and I also traded stickers with my friends. My mom taught me how to write thank-you notes which I continue to do. I think it really shows you care when you take the time to do something like that. I bet some of you remember something like this- I had a folder with this on it:

Writing is so important. It makes me laugh to think of myself writing about writing. It was never something I really enjoyed in school. I did not mind writing about something, but I was always very to the point. I was not good at elaborating. I was also not good at making up stories. My sister was the one with all the imagination, I was content just building the Lego house- not playing with people in it. And now, I write on this blog almost daily. Funny how you can change.

Since I do not have one topic today, I want to take the time to say this- Don't touch children that are not your own or that you don't know! I have been so shocked by people just walking up and touching Gus. They will touch his cheeks or grab his hands. Have they not heard of germs? Babies put their hands in their mouth right after you touch them. And I do not go to all the trouble of putting a cart cover on the grocery cart just so that you can come touch my baby and get him sick. Please pass this on to those you know. Also, don't ask to touch my baby if I don't know you. I don't want to be rude and say no, but I still don't want you touching him! I am so blessed that Gus has only had a cold one time. I think that he got his Daddy's strong immune system which I am so thankful for. I will stop ranting about that now. I guess people just can't resist this little guy

Back to Christmas! I got a little overwhelmed last night when Josh reminded me that next week we would be decorating for Christmas! It feels like it is coming so quickly this year. I am going to start trying to get ready! I already have several gifts bought or picked out for people. I tried to start thinking about it in advance this year. I always try so hard to put thought into gifts. I love getting things for people. But, I want to give them something they will use or will mean something to them. I think part of the reason I feel the need to start so early is because I can't just go out to the store any time I want. I order a lot of gifts online. It is probably a good thing I can't just run to Target multiple times a week, I might go a little overboard.

I hope to make Christmas goodies for people this year. I love making Christmas candy and putting it on a cute plate or in a cute bag. The only bad part is, that means I will eat some of it. I may have to put the scale away until after the Holidays :)

PS: It's 39 Days until Christmas!!!

PPS: Is it supposed to be PPS or PSS??? Did you ever add a bunch of these when you were young?

PPPS: I am stopping now...

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that you have GREAT blog posts. Keep up the good work. I love your photos. BTW, if you are looking for online Christmas cards or photo books to make, check out my blog post about Shutterfly!http://wifemotherfirstlady.com/2011/11/shutterfly-family-photo-day/

    ReplyDelete