Image Map

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Our Saturday

I will finish writing about our trip next week, but today I just wanted to write about today :)

This morning was fairly quiet. Maddie wore her fuzzy shoes as we let the cool morning air in the windows. 
 
Josh had to work so we just stayed home and played. 
 
 
 
 

Gus is in LOVE with his new boots:
 
And Maddie is my little climber- making me oh so nervous!!
 
 
We had a quiet afternoon.Then for dinner I made chicken pot pie. I had not made it before. My mom used to make it for us, so I wanted to make it similar to hers. I ended up using Betty Crocker's pie crust recipe with a mix of shortening and butter. I wanted to have crust on the bottom and top too. For the inside, I used Pioneer Woman's recipe (with just a few changes). Here's what it looked like:
 
And it tasted really good :) A perfect Fall dinner


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Well, hats off to you for making Chicken Pot Pie. In all my years, I've never made one. Mrs. Callendar does such a great job that I've always just bought hers. :o) Such cute kiddos! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete