Image Map

Friday, October 11, 2013

Family Memories

After we left St. Louis, we headed to our next stop in Kentucky. Our route actually lead us through parts of Illinois and Indiana too. I was excited to be in these states at least for a little while because they are states I'd never been to before. We hit a bad rainstorm in the dark and had to stop for a while, but finally made it to our hotel. It was late, and we just went to bed. 

The next morning we headed for our stop- Josh's grandpa's home. Josh hadn't seen his grandpa in 10 years so it was definately time for a visit and for the kids to meet their great-grandpa! 

Our trip wasn't too long, and we got to Grandpa's house in West Virginia around lunchtime. He lives in a very small town, but it is beautiful. The mountains and rivers were amazing! We went downtown and walked around and also to a lookout for some beautiful views. And we took lots of pictures of course. 








 The next day we drove over to the area where Josh's grandpa grew up and visited the graveyard where his ancestors are buried.  I think doing things like this are so important, we need to know about our history!


 The road we drove down was actually named for his family, and there was some beautiful scenery. I know if we were there a few weeks later for the Fall colors, it would have been even prettier!



 
 

 I am so glad I was able to meet Josh's grandpa finally and learn even more about his family. We had a special time with Josh's grandpa. He and his wife took very good care of us while we visited.

We left the next morning in the rain. I'll continue our trip in another post!
  
post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! So sweet that you could visit with Josh's grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how sweet and what wonderful memories! What a pretty part of the country too and wonderful pics. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete