Image Map

Monday, September 23, 2013

Our Weekend and Some New Favorites

The weekend went by way to fast around here! And it's going to be a busy week too. 

Gus decided he did not want to nap this weekend, ugh! Naptime is such a good time for us to be able to relax and calm down, and so when it doesn't happen it can be frustrating. We did put him to bed earlier, but bedtime is still a struggle too. It takes usually almost an hour to get him to stay in bed. Any tips from you other moms out there??? We really keep our routine the same, and he takes a bath each night before bed. Here he is while he was supposed to be napping one day- hat on, light on, and book open....
 
Josh worked on Saturday so I decided to do a craft with Gus- this is how it turned out! It was a joint effort :)
 
The class we are helping lead at church went well on Sunday. It is such a blessing to see God work when you allow Him to. 

We watched a lot of football as usual. Our college and pro teams both won, but our fantasy team is not doing well- haha! I never thought I would get into something like this, but I love keeping up with Josh's team. 

I got some new nail polish this week- Essie Penny Talk. I wanted a new color for Fall, and this one has been fun. 
 
I also got some new perfume- Versace Bright Crystal. I really like it!!! Josh and I say it smells "expensive" or "fancy" haha! 
 
Every day I am usually thinking about what dessert I want to make and eat if there isn't anything in the house. This pregnancy is not being kind to the scale :) Yesterday I made a Pecan Cheesecake Pie out of one of my Southern Living Cookbooks. It was pretty good! Although I think I like just plain pecan pie better. 
 
I will not deny that I have already been thinking about the holidays a lot, and I purchased my first Christmas gift last night! Yes it is a little early, but I want to stay on top of things. 

Speaking of Christmas gifts- I need some help from you other moms. What do your boys like to play with??? We are coming up with ideas for Gus for Christmas and want something that will really engage him. What do your boys like to play with? Gus will be 3 in March. 

We have been having some beautiful weather. Yesterday Gus rode his "bike" in the front. Isn't this the picture of a good daddy? (walking with Gus and carrying Maddie) We love him so much! 
I hope each of you have a great Monday!! Don't forget you can still enter the Photo Canvas Giveaway!

 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. The hand print tree art is absolutely adorable!!!

    I have no advice on the sleep situation...keeping my fingers crossed it improves for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet family weekend. No suggestions on the sleep issues as my youngest is 34 years old. Yikes! doesn't seem possible but it's the truth. But, do hope things work out soon. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No advice with the sleep- H is still in his crib and I'm pretty much terrified of the day we have to move him to a real bed! As for gifts- a lot of people like train tables for their little boys. We don't really have room for one in our current house. :-/

    ReplyDelete