Image Map

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Time for Us

A few weekends ago my mom was able to come stay with Gus and Maddie so Josh and I could have a night away. I was so looking forward to being able to get a full night's sleep since I haven't since Maddie was born.

I cried when we drove away, but I was fine after a few minutes. I just love my babies so much it is hard for me to leave them!

We drove a little over an hour to a nearby city. We found a new place to try for lunch. (thank you urbanspoon on my iPhone!) It was perfect. Here's a look at some of what we enjoyed there.
I have a really sweet husband who took me shopping for some new clothes. I really needed some after being pregnant with Gus and Maddie.

We went to a banquet that evening with a coworker. The food was very good. 
 
I really enjoy getting to sleep all night!

The next morning we did some shopping for Gus's birthday them headed home. . It was so refreshing for me to have a break. I didn't know quite what to do when I could get out of the car with just my purse and not have to get a baby. And of course the only way I was able to enjoy it was that I wasn't worried about the kids at all. They had so much fun with MiMi they didn't miss us! Thank you Mom!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to enjoy some time away. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly amazing what just one night away can do to refresh and revive you. I always cry a bit leaving my kids too but it is always worth it to have some one on one time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that glorious peaceful sleep:-) So important! I went to NYC by myself a few weeks ago, and definitely had to talk myself off the "aghhhh, I can't go!" ledge! xoxo

    ReplyDelete