Gus, I really cannot believe you are already 2 years old. Each day is just more and more fun with you. You haven't wanted your picture taken lately so I only have a few. You are more interested in seeing yourself on the camera after the picture is taken!
I always wondered how it would be like when you and I could talk. It is so much fun!!! You try to be very persuasive when you want something, and you are so cute you are hard to resist!! People always tell me how cute you are everywhere we go. Sometimes when you are feeling friendly you tell everyone hi. You always put a smile on people's faces.
You really enjoy "school", ( Mother's Day out). Your teachers have enjoyed watching how much you have changed over the last few months. I wasn't sure about it when you cried the first few times when I left you, but you walk right in on your own now.
You have started loving "songs!" We sing and listen to music a lot and you know quite a few songs. You tell us you want "Jesus" songs and get excited when we turn them on in the car. You also like "Home on the Range."
Over the last few weeks you have also started loving Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You ask to watch "mouse" all the time so we have to limit you.
You are so smart. We have been working on your name, numbers and colors. You can pretty much count to 10, but you won't do it very often. I love watching you learn.
We won't have your 2 year appointment for a few weeks so I'm not sure of your weight and height. But, we know you aren't too big of a fellow. You still wear 12-18 month pants. You wear size 4 diapers and 18 month shirts. You don't look like a little boy most of the time, you look like a little man.
Each morning as soon as you wake up you call for your daddy to come get you and then you need some milk. You and daddy have some time together before Maddie and I get up. Daddy also puts you to bed each night. You sleep with a bear, two dogs, an elephant, and your blanket. You are a very lucky little boy.
You love to read. Some of your favorite books are Little Blue Truck, Go Dog Go, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, and the Big Red Barn. You also enjoy puzzles. You also sometimes color.
You love to play outside, especially with your daddy. I can't wait until it warms up some more so you can be outside every day.
Some fun words you say are carry ( "carry-arry-arry"), tortilla ("tiry-ry-ry"), cheerios ("cheery-ery-ery"), elephant ("el-fant'), and no one but your mommy would know what you mean when you say M & M because it is just a noise you make with your tongue :)
You are such a good big brother. I never doubted that you would be.
On your actual birthday this year, we stayed home all day to rest, and it was nasty outside. You opened your presents from family and friends.
Your daddy and I got you a picnic table for the backyard, a tricycle, several books, and some yard tools.
You can't quite reach the pedals on the tricycle yet but you already enjoy getting on it and ringing the bell!
I still can't believe I have a boy as cute as you. When you sing or call me into your room for a hug, it warms my heart. I love you so much. I hope each day that I am a good mommy to you. We have so many more adventures ahead, I cannot wait!
Love you forever,
Mommy
Happy Birthday to your little guy! Mine just turned two last Friday. They grow so fast.
ReplyDelete