We had just a wonderful Christmas at our house. My parents came on Christmas Eve and stayed two nights with us. Gus and Maddie loved having Big Daddy and MiMi here- and Josh and I did too! I'm going to do tons of pictures now- so be prepared!
Josh was able to be off Christmas Eve! It was so wonderful to have him home. We enjoyed a fairly quiet morning and ran a few errands before my parents arrived.
Gus and Big Daddy (my dad) played cowboys a ton over the holiday. Gus loves to pretend about being a cowboy- its so cute!
Gus picked out cookies to leave for Santa before bed...
And then Gus went to bed and Santa and his helpers got busy! (he had some work to do!)
I have to say- I still love Christmas just as much as when I was a kid. I woke up early and got myself ready before the kids got up. I think it is all so much fun, I'll never grow out of it!!
Santa never forgets to bring the dogs a treat :)
When Gus looked into the living room, he immediately saw what Santa had brought him..
Then he helped Maddie check out what Santa brought her...
The kids loved their gifts from Santa. We looked in our stockings, and then we had a delicious breakfast - my mom's homemade cinnamon rolls and a green chili sausage casserole. Gus was so busy with his train he wasn't too interested in opening presents.
We let the kids open their gifts, and then Maddie napped while the adults finished ours. Gus got a fun cowboy outfit from his Big Daddy.
The sit-n-spin from PawPaw and MawMaw was a big hit! Maddie tried to do it after Gus!
Maddie has a new shopping cart and Raggedy Ann to push around.
She's getting so big!
And just being able to celebrate with this guy would be Christmas for me :)
Since Christmas the kids have been enjoying their new toys.
And just having some quiet moments at home:
Now I'm just getting the house cleaned and counting down the days until our new little boy gets here. It's getting really close now, and I'm so ready to meet him.

Oh my gosh, the train table. I totally miss that stage. I still remember how excited Nick was when he got it from Santa. I also remember how long it took Santa to put together!
ReplyDelete