A new year, a new month- a month of MUCH anticipation! I confess the last few weeks of pregnancy are not my friend- I feel yucky, I want the baby to come NOW, every day feels like a decade- it is hard. And then people say "Oh but you are so close!" Let me tell you, sometimes it does not feel close! I can only pick up the house so many times and clean out stuff so much to keep my mind off of how HUGE I am. But moving on to keep my mind on other things......
The last week has been a good one. We have just been having time at home, the kids playing with their new toys, putting away Christmas decorations, picking up toys, etc. I've been doing some nesting too- cleaning out the fridge and pantry. On Saturday morning I took the kids to McDonald's for breakfast- we just needed to get out of the house!
For New Year's Eve, we did not have any plans. Mid-afternoon- I decided we needed to get out of the house and surprise Josh. The kids took good naps which was wonderful. We all got ready and were in the parking lot to meet Josh when he got off work. We drove to a nearby town and had dinner at Chilis. Now we didn't even sit down to dinner until 7:45, but the kids were GREAT! It was fun to actually be out for dinner and something different for a change. The only picture I got from the night was of Josh and Maddie- she was having so much fun being out! Gus did not want his picture taken :)
We got home and got the kids to bed. By the time I sat down on the couch to watch the New Year's Eve special on tv, Josh was already falling asleep in his chair :) I made brownies, but since Josh was sleeping we didn't eat them. And I had sparkling white grape juice chilling, but we didn't drink it :) I watched the ball drop in NYC (11pm here) while everyone in the house was asleep! After it dropped, we headed to bed- feeling old and tired :) Josh has been working so hard at work- it is no wonder he was exhausted! We still had a good night. We were together. We didn't need a big party and fireworks. 2013 was a good year, and I know 2014 will be too :)



Y'all's New Years Eve sounds perfect! Your kids are so cute, and I can't wait to see your baby boy coming soon! We missed you yesterday. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteHaha.."feeling old and tired" I managed to stay up til a little after 1. We had a house full of people, I snuck upstairs to check on the baby and apparently passed out on the bed shortly after. lol
ReplyDelete