Image Map

Thursday, January 23, 2014

One Week Old

It was one week ago that Jack joined our family. I'm in love with this little boy. I am perfectly content spending every moment holding this handsome boy, listening to the sounds he makes, watching the expressions on his face.
He has been a good baby so far. The last two nights he's slept pretty well, just waking up to eat. It hasn't been too hard at all. He was weighed this morning and had gained so that was great news. 
I'm so thankful to have my mom here with us. I've spent pretty much all of the last week sitting on the couch. I know there are lots of moms who just bounce back after having a baby, but I'm not one of them. I'm taking advantage of having my mom here so I can completely recover and rest. 

Gus and Maddie are loving having MiMi here too. Gus really loves Jack. He likes to hold him, give him kisses, talk to him. Today he told me he wanted to carry him.  I know it won't be long until they are playing together and best friends. Maddie is not as excited about Jack mostly because I can't hold her every second that she wants me to. But I know these 3 are going to have so many fun times together. 

My mom has also been cooking a ton for us and filling our freezer. I'm so glad it will be a while before I have to do any cooking. 

I was looking at Gus earlier today and got teary-eyed. It seems not long ago he was my little baby. And now he's running around talking with a personality all his own. Time does go by so fast. And I just stare at Jack feeling so blessed. God has given me more than I could ever ask for..



5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so precious! And, good for you, you need to take care of yourself and you will be all the better for it. It will be all yours in a short time so allow your Mom to "run the show" and you sit back and enjoy being a new Mommy again. Blessings to you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that your mom has been able to stay with you and help out! Your family is so sweet and little Jack is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just SO precious. Such a special, special time. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Catie!
    I just wanted to introduce myself and say congrats. I am your newest follower. So happy I came across your blog. Enjoy that precious baby Jack. He looks so sweet.
    Hope you'll stop over to my blog and follow along. I am also a stay at home mom to our14mo. old daughter.
    All the best to you and your family,
    Christina

    The McGuire Family

    MarkChristinaMcGuire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete