Image Map

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Vacation

Something that I really wanted to do this year was go stay in a nearby town over a weekend so we could do things we normally can't do because we are hurrying to get home. I was so excited we were able to do it this last weekend, and we all had a lot of fun.

We drove there on Saturday morning. We boarded our dogs so we wouldn't have to worry about them which was part of the vacation for me. :) We already had done pretty much all our Christmas shopping, so we just relaxed and were able to window shop. We all (except Maddie) got haircuts.
 
I was so excited to get a haircut! It had been months, and it just felt so good and fresh to have a few inches off! 
 Saturday night after we ate pizza, we stopped and got Starbucks and drove around to look at Christmas lights!
Both kids fell asleep quickly, but Josh and I enjoyed just being able to talk and enjoy the views. Maddie wasn't too happy about sleeping at the hotel the first night- she cried for over an hour in the middle of the night- fun for us! (Gus slept through it- lucky). And- Gus slept in a big bed by himself- growing up so fast!

The next day I enjoyed being able to get ready for the day by myself and letting Josh take care of the kids.
Sunday morning we didn't do much, and then went to lunch at Jason's Deli: 
 
 
 
We did some more shopping and then rested at the hotel for a little while. Maddie was happy digging in my purse, but she was happy so we were ok with it :)
 
The kids didn't really nap, so right after we ate dinner, we just went back to the hotel so they could go to bed. 

Monday we had a few errands we needed to run. We took the kids to see the ducks at a pond.



It was then time to head home. We had such a fun time relaxing!

post signature




2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed yourselves and actually felt like it was relaxing! Sometimes I have ideas like that built up in my head and then they turn out to be anything but relaxing! Haha

    ReplyDelete